Vicky Kloss

First and foremost VIcky Kloss is a City fan just like all of us, which is one of the most important things. She is 100% City and passionate about the club and the fans. FACT!

I've had the pleasure of meeting, listening to, and speaking to Vicky Kloss on a few occasions. She's very articulate, a true professional, and she took great pride in her jobs/roles at City.

Don't for one minute think Vicky didn't know what was going on against City in the media and via rival clubs. She was on to it, and when needed to, she dealt with it with-in the remit of her job, and with-in what She was allowed to do by those above her at the club. You will never hear about it.

I know she won't, but if Vicky ever wrote a book about what her various jobs and roles entailed at City, and laid bare what other clubs and media organisations have been up to against City, you'd be amazed, even though you've probably got a good idea after over a decade of rival clubs, powerful, infulential, and wealthy rival club owners, and their media shills working against City. It would lay bare what goes on behind the scenes in football. It would be a best selling book, and a must see TV series.

I'm sorry to read Vicky is going. I'd like to wish her all the best in her future career. I hope she enjoys watching City as a fan on the terraces in the future. All the best Vicky. :-) (we got the megaphone in in the end ;-) )
Totally agree. Vicky did tremendously brilliant work for City over two decades. I know some will talk about negative stories in the press about the club and believe the club needed to do more but, a bit like the country’s fight against terrorism, we only ever see the stuff that gets through. We don’t see the foiled plots, campaigns and challenges.

City as a club initially then as a global conglomerate of sports brands/teams/companies has been criticised and challenged like no other UK club. Throughout all of that Vicky has been a dedicated & devoted voice, challenging the club’s critics. She’s also spent considerable time and effort in ensuring that the various CEOs, chairmen & senior management have understood what MCFC is and what we as fans expect. Most of the positives of Vicky’s time at Maine Rd & the Etihad are below the radar and not seen by us, so it‘s difficult to be praised by the wider public when fans are unaware of what you’ve delivered or what you’ve prevented. One of the main projects which has been visible, though Vicky has still kept out of the limelight, was the badge consultation a few years ago.

Vicky was a driving force in ensuring a significant consultation with fans - probably the most prominent badge consultation any club had ever performed. As someone who worked closely on this (and someone who is naturally suspicious when club’s ‘consult’ with fans) I was impressed with her drive and determination to make this a genuine consultation with fans’ views at the forefront. Without Vicky it could easily have been a mock consultation as other clubs have done (incredibly some ’ITK’ types posted on social media & here that a badge had already been created and the Consultation was not genuine when it started - absolute balderdash and adds to the crap that gets thrown at City’s Comms team. Even when everything is genuine and fan centric some create a negative slant - blue on blue!).

One thing that I think Vicky should be proud of is that she has never really become ‘the’ story herself. At many clubs the Comms head or PR person appears on TV, in the press and elsewhere. They like to be seen. For Vicky it was always the players, manager, chairman etc. who would be the focus not the Comms lead. Ego doesn’t come into it.

On another thread I’ve posted film of Swales from the 70s. He was chairman but, in essence, also acted as City’s PR/Comms too. He liked to create the story and be the headline grabber. People have said ‘despite his flaws he meant well. He loved the club.’ That may be true (he certainly told us he did). Although they officially held different roles I think the media side/public face of City is actually something Swales and Vicky were responsible for during their time at City. Vicky definitely loves the club but, unlike Swales, her 20+ years will be remembered for the achievements of the club, players, manager etc. not her own role in these last 20+ years. It’s a shame but for a Comms lead that’s the way it should be.

Thanks Vicky for all you’ve done for City. Good luck in the future.

Oh, here’s that Swales profile if you’ve missed it. Watch this and ask yourself who you’d prefer in charge of the communications Of the club - an ego led TV salesman or a professional Comms expert who only becomes the story on the day she leaves?

It’d be interesting if he did put some meat on the bones and explain how he thinks she has failed in her job, especially when you read the references given by people with first hand experience of her and her work.
Exactly and now that Gary James has added his weight perhaps some people need to understand the whys and wherefores of not jumping into every tabloid arguements. As others have said we never hear a lot of what probably goes on and her involvement.
She also has her bosses who at times will tell her to "leave well alone" but thats just my assumption but thats also based on the number of times Khaldoon has openly stated,he knows who the enemies are.

What examples would you cite?
The lowest point must be the devaluing of the FA Cup Final against Wigan. We only know about that from eye witness accounts. That will be offset by fantastic work behind the scenes that we don’t hear about. I wouldn’t know what that is but there have been incredible challenges including the legacy from the sickening Barry Bennell episode - as well as the continued animosity towards the Club’s achievements.

The lowest point must be the devaluing of the FA Cup Final against Wigan. We only know about that from eye witness accounts. That will be offset by fantastic work behind the scenes that we don’t hear about. I wouldn’t know what that is but there have been incredible challenges including the legacy from the sickening Barry Bennell episode - as well as the continued animosity towards the Club’s achievements.
I’ve pretty much managed to blank out the Wigan final fortnight now. It does me no good thinking back to that time.

Fortunately, we became more holistic after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.