Vicky Kloss

We have people in the media working for us who we can rely on. Unfortunately there are many more working against us and working for other clubs.

It does grate when I still see Delaney in the press box at the Etihad.

And that’s a good point…. Delaney isn’t just anti City - he’s being encouraged- and probably paid - to attack us by some of our enemies / competitors.

The simple truth is that she was operating to a framework and MO set by the club - and they must have been pleased with her contribution or she wouldn’t have endured in her role for remotely as long as she did.

She shouldn’t be remotely criticised for doing her job diligently and professionally, as directed by her employers.

Good luck, Vicky.
Exactly. Promoted numerous times and her department grew she was the director of communications for the CFG, not just City, and part of the leadership team

He's not a journal but I know he's in league with some of the WhatsApp wankers. He has a troll account on Twitter and not many followers but they include Delaney, Panja, Nick Harris, Corbett, Crafton and others. He's actually chair of trustees at a schools academy with responsibility for SEN.
Wardle Academy?

If you were Director of Communications for CFG what would your policy be?
My policy would be childish and immature. I would section off the press box, one half would have the usual facilities and the other would be very basic. There would be two standards of food served. The entry to the "posh" section would be strongly policed. Same as the press talk, there would be an order as to who can ask, or be answered. In this way they might get the message.

The simple truth is that she was operating to a framework and MO set by the club - and they must have been pleased with her contribution or she wouldn’t have endured in her role for remotely as long as she did.

She shouldn’t be remotely criticised for doing her job diligently and professionally, as directed by her employers.

Good luck, Vicky.
Fair.

I’ve criticised our PR department, and I think reasonably so on a domestic front, but you’re right in that the club look at it globally and she was likely just doing what she was told when executing the softly-softly strategy with the UK media.

I take back my comments directed at Kloss directly. I shall refocus my criticism at Khaldoon and the board in that case.

I still think it was the wrong decision, and we are never going to get a fair ride from the British media. Appeasing them just makes us look weak.

I know we’re a ‘global brand’ but the club needs to realise that Manchester will always be its anchor.

I have no real insight into her role or job but the times article mentions she fought our case with vigour and I'm sure I've read from other journalists that we do challenge and confront them.

Banning journalists from the ground would just feed every troll for ever and supply them with a speaking truth to power narrative and probably not even change what is written. No one wrote their ffp hit pieces from the press box. Ive not listened for several years but I was often surprised how often the journalists on the guardian and times podcasts hadn't seen our games live anyway

Plus I'm sure City want to have a reputation as a serious professional club (just look at how we handle transfers out) so anyone seriously hoping that we will start to cosplay ferguson is barking up the wrong whiskey soaked urine stained tree

And that’s a good point…. Delaney isn’t just anti City - he’s being encouraged- and probably paid - to attack us by some of our enemies / competitors.

It'd be a great story for Der Spiegel to investigate! Or any other publication, because clearly they wont. I would love the full truth of whats gone on to find its way out somehow.

I have no real insight into her role or job but the times article mentions she fought our case with vigour and I'm sure I've read from other journalists that we do challenge and confront them.

Banning journalists from the ground would just feed every troll for ever and supply them with a speaking truth to power narrative and probably not even change what is written. No one wrote their ffp hit pieces from the press box. Ive not listened for several years but I was often surprised how often the journalists on the guardian and times podcasts hadn't seen our games live anyway

Plus I'm sure City want to have a reputation as a serious professional club (just look at how we handle transfers out) so anyone seriously hoping that we will start to cosplay ferguson is barking up the wrong whiskey soaked urine stained tree
Martin Samuel has said that contrary to popular belief City are actually very much on the front foot when it comes to dealing with articles they consider false or have crossed the line.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.