Vicky Kloss

Oh I don't @oakiecokie, didn't he allegedly resist them having a women's team for years? I get the impression he is definitely a male chauvinist.

EDIT: Whoops I see @LongsightM13 beat me to it, that's what happens when you answer the phone half way through writing messages to post!!! :-)
Yes Sheila but he didn`t "pin her up against the wall" as was stated.
Still a horrible horrible man though.

I remember Dave Wallace and me having a long chat with her in about 2010 about the then media coverage. She assured us that it would all calm down one we were consistently successful and an established elite club. Her "mistake" was completely underestimating the lengths our enemies would stoop to in their attempts to discredit us.

We had another couple of conversations in 2019 when she was clearly in no doubt how far they'd go.
I think that misjudgement in 2010 is the issue a lot of fans gave had with our PR policy. Maybe I'm cynical, but I didn't underestimate the lengths our enemies would go to, and it was difficult to see the club slaughtered for a decade and appearing to just accept it.

The PR response over the last couple of years has been much improved, we're not taking it lying down anymore. I actually think it's starting to pay dividends when you see the turn out on the US Tour, and the increase in our visibility around the world.

A good example was yesterday Bayern's YouTube channel had 400k views for the highlights of our friendly, and City's had 1.2m. There are of course lots of factors at play, but I genuinely think our more bullish PR approach is helping. International fans are no longer embarrassed to follow the "plastic" club, and you can see online they have more confidence in nailing their colours to the mast now.

Vicky's had a very difficult job, and I'm sure it's been made even more difficult with her having to manage upwards and dealing with the strategy her superiors have wanted to pursue.

I've never been in any doubt she's a huge blue and has always has the club's best interests at heart. I've never met her, but the glowing praise by people who have make it clear she's a fantastic person and extremely capable one.

Obviously wish her nothing but the best, and have no doubt she'll go on to success whatever she does next. Hopefully she might get to enjoy watching City as a fan again now!

Last edited:
I wish people could make up their minds. Especially, those posters who claim everything Vicky did was dictated to by our owner and CEO. Then in the next sentence say she had the total confidence of our owner and leadership team.

GDM’s post about operating within a framework makes sense. A Director of strategic Comms would expect two way conversations with owners / the Board to achieve the best outcomes.

Anyway, I wish Vicky the best for the future and can see she did her best in very difficult circumstances. Once a Blue, always a Blue.
They're not mutually exclusive though, unless you want to split hairs over exact meanings.

Jesus wept, how low can someone stoop. Even for an old soak like Fergusson. Even if he didn't pin her up against a wall, shouting and swearing at a woman is completely unacceptable.

How come these things don't become public knowledge.

It was reported in the most widely read newspaper in the country, how much more should be done to make it public knowledge?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.