Vidal

LoveCity said:
BTW, even though I question the credibility of the article, Tuttosport says Nastasic could be involved, which would take the price down from about £40m to £28m-ish at a guess. Doable if we sold Yaya, but that's a very big if and by the time we had sold Yaya, Vidal could be elsewhere (such as Old Trafford, god forbid).

I doubt it very much but maybe we've already agreed to sell Yaya ? Just a thought.

Jaxite said:
Vidal would be the perfect yaya replacement, i think we should get rid before he goes on strike..

I understand your reasoning, but I actually disagree. I think if we try and replace like for like, we are always going to be disappointed. Look at the Shite, they never tried to directly replace Keane because he was unique. Instead they changed their style and went for a completely different player in Carrick. They still had a great deal of success with Carrick, but he could never do what Keane did.

I think the same about Yaya, he's a complete one off. If we tried to replace him like for like with Vidal or Pogba, they would just be an inferior version, and we'd be left disappointed. Personally, I'd blow Madrid out of the water and go for Kroos. Completely different player to Yaya, but potentially just as special.

Jaxite said:
Vidal would be the perfect yaya replacement, i think we should get rid before he goes on strike..
Except he won't go on strike, so...

Davs 19 said:
LoveCity said:
BTW, even though I question the credibility of the article, Tuttosport says Nastasic could be involved, which would take the price down from about £40m to £28m-ish at a guess. Doable if we sold Yaya, but that's a very big if and by the time we had sold Yaya, Vidal could be elsewhere (such as Old Trafford, god forbid).

I doubt it very much but maybe we've already agreed to sell Yaya ? Just a thought.

A wonderful thought all the same.

I'd be made up with Vidal or Pjanic as a replacement.

Vidal would only come in if Yaya is being sold surely?

Plus, we won't sell Yaya unless we have a guaranteed replacement coming in, we won't sell him then go and look for his replacement, that would be madness.

Very interesting developments... Can't see a swap... But raising funds with Toure sale... Will be interesting

Maybe we're being used to make Utd pay more for Vidal?

Yaya Toure and Vidal are very different players. He's more like Fernandinho or Fernando.

Marvin said:

Yaya Toure and Vidal are very different players. He's more like Fernandinho or Fernando.

Who are different themselves......

Marvin said:

There's no direct replacement in the world for Yaya's attributes and traits.

He's replaceable.

FantasyIreland said:
Marvin said:

Who are different themselves......

......Indeed and including an 'I', an 'n' and an 'h'.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.