Vidal

Marvin said:
Maybe we're being used to make Utd pay more for Vidal?

Yaya Toure and Vidal are very different players. He's more like Fernandinho or Fernando.

Much more like Fernandinho than either of the other....he;s a pure box to box who excels at both attacking and defending

Yaya is more like Kroos in his technical attributes (passing, vision, creativity, shooting); his physicality allows him to play as a box 2 box ocassionally

FantasyIreland said:
Davs 19 said:
LoveCity said:
BTW, even though I question the credibility of the article, Tuttosport says Nastasic could be involved, which would take the price down from about £40m to £28m-ish at a guess. Doable if we sold Yaya, but that's a very big if and by the time we had sold Yaya, Vidal could be elsewhere (such as Old Trafford, god forbid).

I doubt it very much but maybe we've already agreed to sell Yaya ? Just a thought.

A wonderful thought all the same.

I'd be made up with Vidal or Pjanic as a replacement.

Apparently rags want to look at his knees before signing him....

Yep, no other CM like Yaya. He has very special skills. We certainly would have to change tactics.

Vidal is pretty different from Yaya, both world class players imo, just different midfielders.

Yaya is the short pass master with unreal amount of passes with 90% of them all accurate, and also creating many chances with fantastic vision and technical ability to provide that cross, last pass etc. Not mentioning the way he starts to sprint and they cant get the ball from him until he scores sometimes.

We pretty much use all of his skills but also his weakness is his off the ball positioning, defensive work too.

Vidal can score huge goals too, but he has fantastic engine and more of a box to box that really can be one moment around the box and score a goal next moment be around his own box to make an important tackle, and has unreal energy, you dont see him walking like Yaya when he seems really uninterested to help out a few times every game.

Next to Vidal I think you need a "brain" type of midfielder too. For us Yaya is the brain. (also Silva but he is higher up the pitch.)

I cant really se if Yaya goes we get Vidal and play Fernandinho-Vidal duo most of the games. I would say thats a less ideal CM duo than the Fernandinho-Yaya because Fernandinho is not a holding midfielder.

Actually would say Fernandinho in style lot closer to Vidal than Yaya. Just Fernandinho is less of a goal threat.

I would like Yaya to stay to see a few times how a Fernando-Fernandinho-Yaya trio could work. I think thats the perfect trio that would give license to Fernandinho to really be a box-to-box, to Yaya to care not much about helping out and concentrate even more on attacks, and we would also give bigger help to defence with Fernando sitting deep.
This with a Jovetic-Silva-Agüero trio upfront. (Everybody on his top form of course.:D)

But of course we could make place for Vidal easily just maybe our tactics would change a little bit from short passing/high possession to a more direct style. Yaya is key in current tactics, game plan.

LoveCity said:
BTW, even though I question the credibility of the article, Tuttosport says Nastasic could be involved, which would take the price down from about £40m to £28m-ish at a guess. Doable if we sold Yaya, but that's a very big if and by the time we had sold Yaya, Vidal could be elsewhere (such as Old Trafford, god forbid).

Think it could happen mate, or just pure rumours?

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
LoveCity said:

Think it could happen mate, or just pure rumours?

I really don't think it'll happen. Sounds like a ploy to get United to raise their offer or something.

But why would juve sell? Not in need of cash, title winners last season, champions league this?

richards30 said:
But why would juve sell? Not in need of cash, title winners last season, champions league this?

They wouldn't their Owner loves him, said something he'd be chained to he training ground gates before he ever left.

MCFC1993 said:
richards30 said:

They wouldn't their Owner loves him, said something he'd be chained to he training ground gates before he ever left.
Are you sure you're not thinking of Pjanic and Roma?

Jason Burt in the Sunday Telegraph: “Juventus are making a £20 million bid to sign the Brazilian midfielder Paulinho from Tottenham Hotspur. The move is expected to pave the way for Arturo Vidal to leave the Italian champions although Manchester United, who have strongly been linked with the 27-year-old, deny they are close to agreeing a deal for the Chilean international.”

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.