Vidal

Tez Tosterone said:
LoveCity said:
Yesterday was Vidal showing the old Vidal, but he hasn't shown that for much of the season. Injuries appear to have taken a toll and it's unclear if he can repeat last night's level every week - he used to, but seems to have lost a step (still a very, very good player mind you) and the injuries kept United from signing him last summer.

2011 or 2012 would have been the perfect time to sign Vidal and he would have helped us immeasurably in Europe.

Yep, you are right.

It was that season summer window you mention that Juve picked him up for £8m (€10.5m) from Borussia Dortmund. What a canny transfer that was!

The injury you refer to did have a serious impact on his form. The recurrence in February2015 sidelined him for 4 weeks before he returned. In the first three to four matches on resuming his piace in the starting XI he was well under par form wise. In an interview two weeks ago he admitted that in at least two of those matches he admitted that he was playing in some considerable discomfort. That has now passed and as a result his form is getting back to the levels that were witnessed in his first two seasons in Turin.

Leverkusen. There's a funny story behind that transfer fee. Bayern offered somewhere between £10-15m for him, can't remember exactly how much and were told to fuck off by Leverkusen. Bayern responded by making their usual noises in the German media about signing Vidal on a free when his contract ran out and how much it was going to cost Leverkusen (see Dortmund, Lewandowski), who responded by selling the player to Juventus for less than Bayern had originally offered them. Good lads Bayer :)

aguero93:20 said:
Tez Tosterone said:
LoveCity said:
Yesterday was Vidal showing the old Vidal, but he hasn't shown that for much of the season. Injuries appear to have taken a toll and it's unclear if he can repeat last night's level every week - he used to, but seems to have lost a step (still a very, very good player mind you) and the injuries kept United from signing him last summer.

2011 or 2012 would have been the perfect time to sign Vidal and he would have helped us immeasurably in Europe.

Yep, you are right.

It was that season summer window you mention that Juve picked him up for £8m (€10.5m) from Borussia Dortmund. What a canny transfer that was!

The injury you refer to did have a serious impact on his form. The recurrence in February2015 sidelined him for 4 weeks before he returned. In the first three to four matches on resuming his piace in the starting XI he was well under par form wise. In an interview two weeks ago he admitted that in at least two of those matches he admitted that he was playing in some considerable discomfort. That has now passed and as a result his form is getting back to the levels that were witnessed in his first two seasons in Turin.

Leverkusen. There's a funny story behind that transfer fee. Bayern offered somewhere between £10-15m for him, can't remember exactly how much and were told to fuck off by Leverkusen. Bayern responded by making their usual noises in the German media about signing Vidal on a free when his contract ran out and how much it was going to cost Leverkusen (see Dortmund, Lewandowski), who responded by selling the player to Juventus for less than Bayern had originally offered them. Good lads Bayer :)

DOH!!! Well spotted . My bad.

Tez Tosterone said:
aguero93:20 said:
Tez Tosterone said:
Yep, you are right.

DOH!!! Well spotted . My bad.

As I said on another thread earlier, pedantic mood today, sorry :)

He was inmense yesterday, really a monster in the middle, rather much more the "octopus" City need, as Fernando did fail to fill the gap there...

And, I will also happy to see some chilean players in a City shirt, if Pelle has to stay... because the media in Chile make him always responsible for not to pick or sign a single chilean player in his teams...

Fernandino...Koke...Vidal
Silva.............Kun............Sterling

That would do for me. I think VK and Zabba might be happier too.

nmc said:
cball23 said:
yozzer said:
not many will be in for him.because he is quality and they will not sell .
I think £20 mill would be enough and he would deffo be worth it 13 goals from midfield this year and 10 assists why shouldn't we try our luck. imo hes the best option out there at the minute

He'd cost at least double that in todays market.

plus his wages after the CL final. He is a worthwhile gamble as we will be losing the mercenary Milner.

Kompany is King said:
Vidal & Pogba would be great signings but I don't see Juve selling both, particularly to one club.

We should only go for Vidal. far better suited to this league than the myth that is Pogba.

.A. said:
Kompany is King said:
Vidal & Pogba would be great signings but I don't see Juve selling both, particularly to one club.

We should only go for Vidal. far better suited to this league than the myth that is Pogba.

Myth!

I thought it was only United fans who are desperate to trash Pogba following the failure of Baconface to recognise his potential and rely on second raters like Cleverley. The embarrassment of United being unable to keep Pogba ( and Baconface wanted him to stay) only to see his value rise and rise is naturally a source of tremendous irritation to United fans.

Pogba has made a significant contribution to both Juve's titles in consecutive seasons. his composure on the ball, his hold up play, accuracy of passing, his tracking back and last but not least, a spectacular collection of goals that available for viewing on YouTube.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.