Vieira - Medical today

Re: Veira - Medical today

smiles said:
Ok, so he's in the later stages of his career but I consider him to be our 3rd 'marque' signing after Robinho and Tevez.
He's won pretty much everything apart from a champions league medal.
I think he's be a great influence on the squad and can be a monster in the middle for us.

Nah you can't class him as a marquee signing, I think he'll be a good addition though

Vieira has been one of the best CM of my generation! A thirty three year old Vieira is probably still quicker than Barry now. No disrespect to Barry. Motivated to play in the world cup should see a very determined Vieira. Watched Vieira's last game at Inter which he played well.

1894 said:
Great stuff ! Squads need strength in depth these days - even a slight injury keeps a player out for several games. They don't rush 'em back any more.

Would this signing allow Richards to go ?

If we sign a RB then Richards maybe off but Veira is a midfielder so no chance

IMO the only thing that could happen with Veira signing is Vinnie dropping to CB and one less CB needed this window

The Fat el Hombre said:
smiles said:
Ok, so he's in the later stages of his career but I consider him to be our 3rd 'marque' signing after Robinho and Tevez.
He's won pretty much everything apart from a champions league medal.
I think he's be a great influence on the squad and can be a monster in the middle for us.

Nah you can't class him as a marquee signing, I think he'll be a good addition though

Why not? He's a world famous player who has done it all. Yes, he's old but I don't think that effects the status of the signing.

nickson71 said:
1894 said:
Great stuff ! Squads need strength in depth these days - even a slight injury keeps a player out for several games. They don't rush 'em back any more.

IMO the only thing that could happen with Veira signing is Vinnie dropping to CB and one less CB needed this window

thats what i see happening mate, big vinnie will drop back and vieira can move into midfield

nickson71 said:
1894 said:

Fair enough. I am trying to suss-out if Mancini would be happy to let Micah go...

mcfc_die_hard said:
nickson71 said:

thats what i see happening mate, big vinnie will drop back and vieira can move into midfield

I still don't understand where he will play and who he will replace. Kompany is a midfielder too by preference.

Gutted we've signed someone else whose name hardly anyone can spell!

V I E I R A

He will be good cover whilst MichAEl Johnson is injured ;)

johnny crossan said:
mcfc_die_hard said:

I still don't understand where he will play and who he will replace. Kompany is a midfielder too by preference.

didn't Kompany play CB at Hamberg and CB for his national team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.