Vieira [Merged]

He was tragic last night. In all honesty, it would of been more beneficial playing Ibrahim in a midfield 2 than Vieira - thats how bad he was.

At Fulham he was ok (possibly down to the size of the pitch), but at Eastlands on a huge playing surface, he just didnt have the legs and there was huge gaping holes which Scharner (twice) and Rodellega could of punished if they were of a better quality. What was even more alarming though, after being such a cultured midfielder for his whole career was the fact that his ball retention was so so poor. Yes he played a nice pass (into a good area) for the first, but that does NOT stray away from the fact he was absolutely useless for the rest of the game; and a total liability from the off.

It really was sad to see my favourite Premiership midfielder of all-time so far off the pace. Some players just lose their legs, its all in the brain for the likes of Scholes, and Giggs still has it in him - sadly Pat doesnt.

As for De Jong, he too was awful last night. Crying out for two central midfielders, its been the problem position all season.

Viera was terrible. No excuses, he's just too old. Not his fault. Blame the management for playing him. Fuck, I'd rather we played Micah Richards in there than Viera...

The reason i dont like him playing is how quick and mobile he is. He could have it our half i'd blink and we would be on the edge of there box, hes rapid. Also when a man gets round him you know he will get back and mop up the pieces and pass it to a blue shirt every time because his passing is impeccable.

Paddy will be ok, he just needs a fast destroyer next to him. If he could develop his long passes more, he wouldn't need so much pace and he could be an asset in the middle.

BillyShears said:
Viera was terrible. No excuses, he's just too old. Not his fault. Blame the management for playing him. Fuck, I'd rather we played Micah Richards in there than Viera...

Have to agree that the management are at fault, I dont know what Bobby see's in him when he's playing. If he's trying to play his way into the French national side though he can forget it. Not sure about Micah in the middle though, would still be better than French Paddy mind you.

Was poor last night, but still contributed to the win.

Probably our second most creative central midfielder so while it didn't really come off last night I think he still has something to offer.

I reckon he might be better playing at centre half - height, experience & an organiser - I'm pretty sure he played for Arse there on occasions??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.