Vieira [Merged]

oh i forgot to mention, wigan in the second half had 3 golden chances to score, they should of scored all 3, how they didn't i don't know, better quality from the opposition tonight and we could of been 2-0 down just after the half and 43,000 people making their voices heard,

but wait, where did all their 3 golden chances stem from?

that's right, Vieira giving it away.

Freestyler said:
oh i forgot to mention, wigan in the second half had 3 golden chances to score, they should of scored all 3, how they didn't i don't know, better quality from the opposition tonight and we could of been 2-0 down just after the half and 43,000 people making their voices heard,

Yes, Wigan could have scored 3 goals, but which team went on to score and win the game?

Sport is about confidence, concentrating on the positives, and forgetting about the negatives.

Forget the chances that Wigan threw away, it is of no consequence they did'nt score, what is important is that City scored 3 goals, and won the match.

Wigan failing to score is failure. City scoring is success.

Think positive.

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
Freestyler said:

Yes, Wigan could have scored 3 goals, but which team went on to score and win the game?

Sport is about confidence, concentrating on the positives, and forgetting about the negatives.

Forget the chances that Wigan threw away, it is of no consequence they did'nt score, what is important is that City scored 3 goals, and won the match.

Wigan failing to score is failure. City scoring is success.

Think positive.

your right and i am thinking positive!

but i just wanted to point out mainly the 3 wigan chances that arrived which shouldn't of, all came from Vieira who to some played well tonight apparently.

I've stuck up for Vieira in recent matches when he was getting stick and I thought he was doing a decent job. However, on the whole last night he was bloody awful. I wouldn't write him off just yet though, our midfield options are that limited we really do need him to play a part from now until the end of the season.

Some of you won't like hearing that but I'm afraid it's just a fact. We will have to bluff our way through until the end of the season in the middle because Bellamy, Johnson, Tevez and Ade/RSC will no doubt start the majority of matches (quite rightly) but that unfortunately means we have to find two midfielders to play together in the middle and we haven't got two fit midfielders who suit this role. Sad but true.

At least Pat got into the game in order to look poor and played some defence splitting passes, NDJ was like the invisible man.

Rammy Blue said:
At least Pat got into the game in order to look poor and played some defence splitting passes, NDJ was like the invisible man.

tbf to Nige it was basically 3 against 1 the whole night

Rammy Blue said:

I thought Nige played well second half but first half he didn't get involved. Vieira has the ability to pick out a pass and while he might not have the legs to get up and down anymore he's still an asset to us

m27 said:
I've stuck up for Vieira in recent matches when he was getting stick and I thought he was doing a decent job. However, on the whole last night he was bloody awful. I wouldn't write him off just yet though, our midfield options are that limited we really do need him to play a part from now until the end of the season.

Some of you won't like hearing that but I'm afraid it's just a fact. We will have to bluff our way through until the end of the season in the middle because Bellamy, Johnson, Tevez and Ade/RSC will no doubt start the majority of matches (quite rightly) but that unfortunately means we have to find two midfielders to play together in the middle and we haven't got two fit midfielders who suit this role. Sad but true.

This is why it really pisses me off that Stevie Ireland sulked when asked to play this deeper role by Hughes, instead of grasping the nettle and getting on with it. Say what you like about Hughes, but he knew that Ireland wouldn't get in to the starting line up in his favourite position once Tevez was brought to the club. I'd like to think that the penny has dropped with Stevie by now, and I'd like to see him given a chance alongside Vieira or Barry in a 4-4-2, because we're sorely lacking in creativity in there at the moment.

hgblue said:
m27 said:

This is why it really pisses me off that Stevie Ireland sulked when asked to play this deeper role by Hughes, instead of grasping the nettle and getting on with it. Say what you like about Hughes, but he knew that Ireland wouldn't get in to the starting line up in his favourite position once Tevez was brought to the club. I'd like to think that the penny has dropped with Stevie by now, and I'd like to see him given a chance alongside Vieira or Barry in a 4-4-2, because we're sorely lacking in creativity in there at the moment.

Agree, was only saying the same about Stevie last night, I would start with Stevie and Barry with Pat to be brought on after 45/60 mins when the opposition have tired.

NDJ would only start against Scum and Arse in the remaining games for me.

Rammy Blue said:

To be fair to him, Vieira never hid once. However, De Jong should NEVER be in a midfield two from the start. He just doesn't offer enough.

He's a holding midfielder as part of a three or he's on the bench.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.