Vieira [Merged]

Re: Vierra

Cheesy said:
He played well when he came on. However, the usual bandwagon jumpers will refuse to see this.

Agreed.

Don't understand the stick he's getting, was the best player on the pitch for us today, except Lescott.

i clicked on this thread thinking it would be a positive thread as i thought he was awesome today when he came on, but thats just not how it works around here is it

Looks behind the pace and I thought Stevie might have been a better sub to bring on. I don't know why people think Vieira played so well because to me he just wasn't sharp enough and wasn't challenging for balls that he should have been

I think Vieira has a bit to offer us still, and I wasn't too bothered by the sub. Don't think it worked for us though on the day.

I agree that he didn't do much wrong today....but that was largely because he didn't actually do much in the first place! He made a couple of decent passes but for the most part he just slowed us down every time he got the ball. It seems to take him 5 minutes to get the ball under control and then decide on what pass to play which is generally just a safe sideways ball.

He isn't as useless as some are making out but he is definitely not a player to be brining on when we are chasing a game

He offers a bit of quality and I cannot understand why he is being slagged for today or any other performance he has made for City. For a player that cost nothing he offers something else in midfield, especially with Steve Ireland's poor form this season.

He offers far more in midfield with his height and strength than any of our other DM's besides Kompany when he plays there. He's also the best passer of the bunch along with Barry. None of them really have pace except Vinnie anyway so lack of speed isn't much of a problem imo.

Against the long ball Sunderland were playing it was crucial to add height in midfield and Mancini did that, good sub.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.