Vieira on loan (Merged)

Last time i saw him play he looked miles off the pace and the game just passed him by, hopefully i just caught a bad performance from him.

riley347 said:
sure i heard the other day that this 6 month lark was crap and a 3 1/2 year contract was agreed.......

People hear Mancini's broken English when he said "these six months then another three years..." and read into it what they want, they also forget he was hounded to explain and did infact correct himself by saying he meant his contract was for the rest of this season and a further three years on top! He should have just said he had signed a three and a half year deal but as he's Italian and at the time wasnt speaking all that great of English he didnt and thats what has caused all the speculation. We as fans put 2+2 together and get 8, we ignore the facts stated sometimes. Of course the press then jumped all over it as we did and bend the truth. I believe he is here for three and a half years, he was the owners original choice so why would they mess about, why "plod" on as such?

Oh my god, there's so much negativity on here!!

PATRICK VIERA is possibly the most experienced player in the whole world who we could sign. He has won the Premier league, FA Cup, World Cup, European Championships, Serie A, plus more!

We're getting him on loan, yes he wants first team football but that just means he's determined to play well, Mancini wont play him if he's not up to it, but this guy is a natural born winner, fantastic leader, and one of the finest footballers EVER to grace englands pitches.

Mancini knows exactly what he's doing, he's signing someone who will give our squad a huge lift, and who has captained numerous clubs to numerous cup and league trophys.

For me, even if he only starts the odd game, this could be one of the best signings city could possibly make, and he will drive our players forward from the dressing room and bring to us the winning mentality that all champions need.

Dont forget, he was Mr Invincible in arsenals invincible season.

CTID

I give up on some people on here. Viera could be a great signing for 6 months.

Dont forget that we are extremely light in midfield - an injury to De Jong or Barry and we are struggling big time.

Viera will fill a gap for 6 months, at which point there may be better players available. Its unlikely we will get players we really want in January, so fill a gap until they are available in the summer

Prophet of Doom said:

Dont forget that we are extremely light in midfield - an injury to De Jong or Barry and we are struggling big time.

Viera will fill a gap for 6 months, at which point there may be better players available. Its unlikely we will get players we really want in January, so fill a gap until they are available in the summer

Dont try to understand them mate, they are all knowing.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2010/01/04/1725490/inter-midfielder-patrick-vieira-99-likely-to-join-manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/9/england/2 ... manchester</a>

i know its goal but its taken from a link on the talksport website.

TFC said:
Prophet of Doom said:

Just like the people who reckon he's still 'got it' are all knowing ?
No one really knows either way, as it's only a loan then it's probably worth taking a chance.

Definately worth the risk with Johno out til next season we need some midfield cover because if Nige or Barry get injured then we will have to move VK to midfield and then hope micah was fit to play him with Boyata so a loan deal would be perfect, whether Vieira is up to it is another question but a few games in the reserves to get match fit and then he should be capable of stepping up to the plate if we get any injuries or bans

bluemoon32 said:
TFC said:

Just like the people who reckon he's still 'got it' are all knowing ?
No one really knows either way, as it's only a loan then it's probably worth taking a chance.

Thats my point, people need to trust in RM....and quit their bitching!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.