Vieira on loan (Merged)

Re: Talk Shite

class is class bit past his best but his last challenge and wants world cup. NJD is great but just needs an injury or 2 as we have had with CB position. It may be a masterstroke he hates the rags remember when he nicked nevilles dinner money in the tunnel befor the gsme with arsenal. i dont need to go into the few we have who we want rid of but no one wants.
get him in!!

bluebarn said:
MonsallBlue said:
They can see the tide changing and want to be in the good books

Durham has been quite pro City over the last few weeks.

The tide has been turning for longer that a few weeks though ;)

Back on topic. I can only see this move as a way to get experience into the SQUAD. If he is up for it he would be brilliant to have on the training pitch. Probably help us over the busy season.

Re: Vieira on loan

Stevinio said:
Too old. We've been down this route before. Tarnat, Hamann, McManaman, Fowler, Bosvelt, Bernarbia.

Although i did but a panasonic viera tele on saturday. Maybe it's a omen.

Hamann, Bosvelt and Bernarbia were great for us.

Tarnat and Fowler did a good job

McManaman.......Yeh your right

Re: Talk Shite

South Stander said:
They must be talking crap as they quite often do. The only need we'd have for Viera was if he could play CB otherwise the rags are more likely to want him than us

Don't agree with this at all. People like NDJ and Kompany are not experienced in the demands of a 3-prong campaign, and by that I mean the 2 cups we are still in for and the position in the league. Barry is, kind of, but to have Vieira on board can ONLY be a positive move. He has the t-shirt, (couldn't be arsed writing the rest), and should any of those 3 get a niggly injury as those cup games go on and we progress in the league, Vieira is perfect back-up, plus he has the head to keep the less experienced focussed. Top bit of business if it happens.

Not particularly overwhelmed with this to be honest, I know it's a squad game and I can see the sense in maybe getting a defensive midfielder to free Kompany to play at centre half but the last 4 or 5 times I've seen Vieira play I've not been impressed one bit. For me his legs have definitely gone and I think the Premiership would be too much for him at this stage in his career.

I also can't understand why he'd come here in a world cup year unless he was guaranteed first team football from us, I can't see how he would get this if our defenders as well as the possible new additions were all fit.

But in Bobby Manc we trust...

I'm sure I read recently that Barry is carrying an injury that will need an op. Maybe its related to this especially as I can see Kompany keeping his place at centre half.

Re: Vieira on loan

MonsallBlue said:
Dont think he will have the hunger needed tbh.

Would be good to have around for nige and barry to learn from I guess. And decent cover. Not an exciting first teamer for me

He will have the hunger as he is desperate to go to the world cup in S. Africa - he won't get in the squad by not playing at Inter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.