Vieira Strikes Again

I'm curious to see how this one plays out.

It's hard to tell just how much the back and forth affects players. Some of them live in 'the bubble' these days and haven't a clue what's happening, but others seem to be sensitive souls who can't wait to be offended by a few words.

The Fulham penalty decision may just be a small distraction, but if it changes the exaggerated 'narrative' from United coming back from a huge deficit (which gets bigger every time it's mentioned), to one where they are seen to be getting lucky, it might be worth an extra 1%. If United didn't think the media was important to give them an edge, they wouldn't have let a stream of their current players do interviews about City.

I doubt a lot of the mind games, but I'd quite like to see Ferguson having to constantly answer questions about 'luck' rather than being told how resilient his team has been.

After all Paddy speaks one week, and United's next match is a close call against a team with a terrible away record. Watching the second half, Fulham did nothing until Scholes came on, then not long after they nearly get an equaliser. That's a thought I'd like playing around the mind of Scholes every time he plays.

Eds said:
Rags including Wio all over twitter spouting that Slur Phalex is the master of mind games and Vieira is pathetic. They don't realise that by actually taking the time to tweet it he has got into their minds.

And another thing twice in a week moans Wio, how many ex playersin the last week have spouted some shite about us!!!
The thing is, the Govan piss-can will spend yet another presss-conference having to talk about us, and that builds pressure. We're always there, whenever they play, an sluralic can't help himself. Mancini just bats away this shit.

Red_fan said:
Relax lads, I never said we don't have our own lot coming out with cretinous comments like Robson. We do.

I was just commenting on Vieira because this is a thread about Vieira, and he is coming on very strong.

Viera is right in what he says you have been buying Refs for 20 years, im glad someone has the balls to speak the truth.. united fans like yourself are blinkered city are buying league rubbish what have you been doing 30 million for wio 10 years ago in todays prices is huge but united sell shirts in china to pay for players which makes it alright lol give me a break!

Smart move by Vieira really... what happens next time some decision like that comes at Old Toilet? The ref gives them a dubious decision = queue the football world saying "Vieira was right". Those sort of comments can play with the refs mind.

CITYROBBO said:
Viera is right in what he says you have been buying Refs for 20 years, im glad someone has the balls to speak the truth.. united fans like yourself are blinkered city are buying league rubbish what have you been doing 30 million for wio 10 years ago in todays prices is huge but united sell shirts in china to pay for players which makes it alright lol give me a break!

Patrick never said that we've been 'buying refs'. Read what he said carefully.

Paddy V, pictured half an hour ago . . .

24b3jts.jpg

blueplan said:
Where's the youtube of the Derby where City's fan, dissing his unshited counterpart on the talkshow, gloated 'Take it Take it' everytime we score?
You mean our very own Walter (citysmith):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SoDCkCDfzU[/youtube]

Gotta love PV. De Niro could do with taking lessons from the Frenchman in the art of wummery :)

PV has to be given a more defined and prominent role at City in the future.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Smart move by Vieira really... what happens next time some decision like that comes at Old Toilet? The ref gives them a dubious decision = queue the football world saying "Vieira was right". Those sort of comments can play with the refs mind.

Vieira wasn't the first, and certainly won't be the last to come out with what he just has done.

But we keep on getting all the decisions, allegedly. So people saying it in the media doesn't make a difference, does it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.