Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
vintiz said:
blueinsa said:
Ducado said:
Backwards? What was the result in the corresponding fixture last season?

Anyway in the CL the most important thing in the away fixtures is not to lose a draw is OK as long as we win the home games

Teams like Plzen need to be viewed as 6 points and nothing less mate imo.

Make no mistake, another season of not qualifying from the group stages will see us looking for a new man again come the summer.
Tbh I fear the worst if we don't make it outta group stage. (Anzih fire sale) x_x.

If we don't get out of the group again that is exactly what will happen in my opinion mate!

Pigeonho said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
At least Kompany is on the plane...

Let's hope he is fit though because if we lose him again for any lenghth of time we are fucked
We shouldn't have to rely on him for this match. He should be kept fit for Sunday I think. We should be putting teams like this to the sword either way.

We said that about Cardiff and Hull, we got embarrassed by one and only just nicked past the other.

No team is easy in the CL, best possible always! Vinny has to play.

Good first game in the Champions League and another test for the players and Pellegrini. He is very tactically astute and has mentioned that it is a case of giving the players confidence that they can beat the opposition and if they don't then it is because the opposition are better than them. Unfortunately that wont wash for City except against the likes of Bayern, Barca etc. Giving the players confidence is crucial though. I think he will load the team to counter and play just the one up top. I think we will see Aguero or Dzeko up top with Nasri, Navas and Jovetic behind and Yaya and Fernandinho holding. THe derby we will be more attacking and will hopefully see Silva back. Aguero will definitely start in the derby, most likely with Negredo.

Would play

---------------------Yaya------------Fernandinho

Navas---------------------Nasri----------------------Jovetic/Milner

-----------------------Dzeko/Aguero

Then for the derby

-----------------Yaya------------Fernandinho

Navas------------------------------------------------Silva

---------------------Aguero
--------------------------------Negredo

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
Four games in ten days and Pellegrini sees tomorrow's game and Sunday's as the most important. We have to beat Plzen. They are seen, rightly or wrongly, as the weakest team in the group, and, I think, most would expect Munich and Moscow to win there, so if we drop any points there we're under pressure right from the start. The rags are potentially the most difficult of the four games. Pellegrini "rested" players on Saturday and I think tomorrow and Sunday we'll see his best available eleven. If Kompany is fit, I think he'll partner Nastasic in Plzen and Lescott in the derby because they are likely to be a very different type of game. I think Silva will play in both (if fit) and I think Dzeko will play against Plzen and, probably on Sunday, with Sergio in both matches.

Silva hasn't even got on the plane unfortunately, which doesn't augur well for Sunday. It's crazy, but tomorrow night is almost career defining (in terms of City) for Pellegrini already, and given, as you say, that Munich, certainly, and Moscow, probably, will go there and win, we can't afford to come away empty handed. Sadly, I think that's exactly what will happen though, because Plzen will play to our weaknesses the same way Hull and Stoke did. They're an attacking side, they'll get in our faces, and unlike Stoke and Hull, they have the requisite technical ability to punish us. This is a team that drew 2-2 in the San Siro last year and later battered Napoli 5-0 on aggregate in the Europa League. Pellegrini may have European pedigree, but he clearly doesn't know his best team yet at City, nor what system best accentuates our strengths, and I think that combined with our habitual lack of pace, will make for a long and difficult evening. I'm praying for a victory, as much for the sake of morale on and off the pitch as anything else, but in all honesty, I will be surprised if we manage to even come away with a draw.

Is it certain Silva hasn't travelled? I heard this but haven't been able to find any confirmation.

It is on the mirror's page,definately not travelled

I do hope Kompany plays in the Champions League game, with Pellegrini saving Silva and Clichy for the derby.

Pizen unbeaten in 8 league games this season ( 6 wins ). Ranked 25 on the euro club index, so no mugs to be sure. Ps stoke are ranked 85.

mindmyp's_n_q's said:
SkyBlueUSA said:
Does anyone know the exact pay-outs per each round of the CL? I heard something about 20 million just for being in the group.

As of 2012–13, UEFA awards €2.1 million to each team in the play-off round. For reaching the group stage, UEFA awards a base fee of €8.6 million. A win in the group is awarded €1 million and a draw is worth €500,000. In addition, UEFA pays teams reaching the first knockout round €3.5 million, each quarter-finalist €3.9 million, €4.9 million for each semi-finalist, €6.5 million for the runners-up and €10.5 million for the winners.[53]
Playoffs: €2,100,000
Base fee for group stage: €8,600,000
Group match victory: €1,000,000
Group match draw: €500,000
Round of 16: €3,500,000
Quarter-finals: €3,900,000
Semi-finals: €4,900,000
Losing finalist: €6,500,000
Winning the Final: €10,500,000
A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2012–13 season, Juventus, who were eliminated on quarter-finals, earned nearly €65.3 million in total of which €20.5 million was prize money, compared with the €55.0 million earned by Bayern Munich, who won the tournament and was awarded with €35.9 million of prize money.[54]

As important as the money for each group win (or draw) is the UEFA coefficient points that each positive result generates.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
How many City fans do we expect to have at tomorrow nights game?
Club officials expect some 800 fans according to official away team ticket sales, with another two hundred or so City fans obtaining tickets through various means and on an individual basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.