Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
karen7 said:
Daren't even make a prediction this time.I would much rather win the derby so new injuries in this one would be a bad thing for us.Rather vinnie only played enough minutes to sharpen him up a bit and if silva is borderline fit then save him for sunday

Agree totally.

Stoned Rose said:
Must win game.

This will be a cup final for plzen and they'll be fully at it.

With those 2 factors in mind we pick our very strongest team and ensure 3 points.

IMO failure to take 3 points is likely to be the end of our CL journey this year.

But winning the derby is equally - if not more - important so that needs to be taken into consideration too with team selection.

If we aren't capable of beating unknowns at slightly below 100% strength, something is seriously wrong.

Play the best and strongest team in this match and the derby. If players get injured ,thats tough. We need to beat Pizen to progress. This cup is the icing on the cake for finishing runners up.
This is also where we make big money eventually to enable us to compete in terms of money and players available to buy for the future.

Does anyone know the exact pay-outs per each round of the CL? I heard something about 20 million just for being in the group.

SkyBlueUSA said:
Does anyone know the exact pay-outs per each round of the CL? I heard something about 20 million just for being in the group.

As of 2012–13, UEFA awards €2.1 million to each team in the play-off round. For reaching the group stage, UEFA awards a base fee of €8.6 million. A win in the group is awarded €1 million and a draw is worth €500,000. In addition, UEFA pays teams reaching the first knockout round €3.5 million, each quarter-finalist €3.9 million, €4.9 million for each semi-finalist, €6.5 million for the runners-up and €10.5 million for the winners.[53]
Playoffs: €2,100,000
Base fee for group stage: €8,600,000
Group match victory: €1,000,000
Group match draw: €500,000
Round of 16: €3,500,000
Quarter-finals: €3,900,000
Semi-finals: €4,900,000
Losing finalist: €6,500,000
Winning the Final: €10,500,000
A large part of the distributed revenue from the UEFA Champions League is linked to the "market pool", the distribution of which is determined by the value of the television market in each country. For the 2012–13 season, Juventus, who were eliminated on quarter-finals, earned nearly €65.3 million in total of which €20.5 million was prize money, compared with the €55.0 million earned by Bayern Munich, who won the tournament and was awarded with €35.9 million of prize money.[54]

Play your best 11 every week and make changes as and when the game situation allows.

Regardless of who is in charge, nothing grates worse than seeing us rest fucking players for games whilst we fuck up the one we are actually playing in.

In football you are only as good as your last result!

blueinsa said:
Ducado said:
de niro said:
I'd take a draw Sunday right now, I know that's us going backwards but that's exactly what we've done.
Backwards? What was the result in the corresponding fixture last season?

Anyway in the CL the most important thing in the away fixtures is not to lose a draw is OK as long as we win the home games

Teams like Plzen need to be viewed as 6 points and nothing less mate imo.

Make no mistake, another season of not qualifying from the group stages will see us looking for a new man again come the summer.
Tbh I fear the worst if we don't make it outta group stage. (Anzih fire sale) x_x.

Here's a good insight into our opponents:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24038033" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24038033</a>

Eccles Blue said:
On paper we may have a 'better' side than last season but paper players are not what we need, we need players who play FOOTBALL.

It is time to win, win, win, no more draws. We had enough of them under Pearce and Hughes. It is now time to start winning. Why did we let Barry go?? Watching him in that horrible shade of blue on Saturday was heartbreaking especially when you realise that he could have been MOTM.

This time tomorrow I, with many fellow Blues, will be on my way to Plzen and I do not want to come back feeling that I have wasted my money.

IMHO

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS WITH MANCHESTER CITY ..................... SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THIS 'NEW' TEAM THAT THE BOYS IN BLUE NEVER GIVE IN!!!
He was MOTM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.