Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
BobKowalski said:
According to the Telegraph Pellers was in charge of entertainment on the plane over and kicked off with an hour long episode of 'Only Fools and Horses'. Personally I'll be amazed if that doesn't do the trick in the match tomorrow.

hahaha

Pellegrini likes Only Fools?

Top lad.

Fellow citizens I have got a group of supporters together from the west of scotland to run a supporters club out of the ship inn 36 north harbour street in ayr to go to games and watch any games we cant make in the pub starting with the game tuesday night anyone who wishes to join us we will be in the pub from 7pm feel free to wear your colours.
Chris

dom said:
Pigeonho said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
At least Kompany is on the plane...

Let's hope he is fit though because if we lose him again for any lenghth of time we are fucked
We shouldn't have to rely on him for this match. He should be kept fit for Sunday I think. We should be putting teams like this to the sword either way.

One of the oldest tactics... set em up to knock em down... nice work .. you must be laughing your little socks off...
Eh?
Proper stalker you Dom, like worryingly so. How the fuck you turn that into a chance to have a pop, again, only you know. Fucking weirdo.

two wins in the next 5 days, minimum +6 goal differential, we've got to turn it around starting NOW. taking work off tomorrow

I hope it wont be the case that Plzen takes points off of us and then CSKA and Bayern goes there and wins and home also so they make 6 points.

Like it was with Ajax last year, Dortmund&Real easily made the important 6 points against them, we made 1...

Wont be easy match, they will up for it very match, they have a good form in their league, and also we have clear weaknesses in our team like we still struggle vs pressing. Heard good thing about their coach, compared to Wenger a little bit tactically and in playing style, if he is intelligent enough to make his team press us we will have problems tonight.

I hope Pellegrini gets it right in the CL as CL is important this year more than the PL, reaching the quarter finals is at least something we have to do this season. We cant be a laughing stock again to stay in the group stage eliminated teams. Especially with 90m spent on very good players and and a new manager coming in with CL-pedigree...

6 group stage matches only, there really isnt many chance to make mistakes and mistakes are punished on this level far more times than in the PL.

A win is needed tonight the team knows it, I want perfect mentality from them.

If we win the title under MP or anybody for that matter (LOL) this season I will be happy as a pig in the shit that gets thrown around on this board ad infinitem.

As for the chumps league fours points will be an improvement on last year so that's a realistic target to aim for.

One title/ trophy per season is the brief for the club so its the premiership for me everybody.

To point out the bleedingly obvious, this game and its return leg are critically important in our group stage. The top teams make this their bread & butter and generally come away with 6 points from these fixtures - it will make or break us IMO.

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, but I'll be expecting a win - a hard fought 1-0 (with no injuries) will do just fine.

ws01 said:
To point out the bleedingly obvious, this game and its return leg are critically important in our group stage. The top teams make this their bread & butter and generally come away with 6 points from these fixtures - it will make or break us IMO.

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, but I'll be expecting a win - a hard fought 1-0 (with no injuries) will do just fine.

No injuries is very important but alas I predict a 2-0 loss.

Worried that if Kompany starts he gets through ok , we need him on Sunday.

Damanino said:
I hope it wont be the case that Plzen takes points off of us and then CSKA and Bayern goes there and wins and home also so they make 6 points.

Like it was with Ajax last year, Dortmund&Real easily made the important 6 points against them, we made 1...

Wont be easy match, they will up for it very match, they have a good form in their league, and also we have clear weaknesses in our team like we still struggle vs pressing. Heard good thing about their coach, compared to Wenger a little bit tactically and in playing style, if he is intelligent enough to make his team press us we will have problems tonight.

I hope Pellegrini gets it right in the CL as CL is important this year more than the PL, reaching the quarter finals is at least something we have to do this season. We cant be a laughing stock again to stay in the group stage eliminated teams. Especially with 90m spent on very good players and and a new manager coming in with CL-pedigree...

6 group stage matches only, there really isnt many chance to make mistakes and mistakes are punished on this level far more times than in the PL.

A win is needed tonight the team knows it, I want perfect mentality from them.

Nail on head time there mate. These are a good little side, and certainly superior to anything we have faced this season. They absolutely will press us, nearly all teams in the CL do. One of the key features of our group last season was the set up of both Dortmund and Madrid when they didn't have the ball. There was a snippet of footage taken by the stadium's overhead camera in the Bernebau, of Hart rolling the ball out to Nasty, who under pressure quickly knocked it sideways to Zab I think it was, and you could see Madrid's front 5, who were in a pentagonal shape, change tack as a well oiled unit to close down every City player on that side of the field. Honestly, it was like watching a pack of lions cornering a gazelle.
Our lack of pace is a huge problem in the face of this tactic, as there's never an out ball available to us. Ya Ya showed us how to break the shackles a couple of times in the Bernebau, but he was a lone figure in this regard.
I'm a miserable old traditional City pessimist at the best of times I know, but I genuinely can't see us getting anything out of this game. We struggled badly enough in the CL last season with a manager, who'd been at the club 3 years. This year we've got a new manager, who has key personnel deployed in unfamiliar roles, and whose tactics look ill suited to the players at his disposal. If we win I'll be thrilled, I'd take a draw, but truthfully, I will not be in the least bit surprised if we lose

did anyone watch them vs napoli last season? or know how the fuck they beat them 5-0 on aggregate??
and athletico madrid 1-0....
with the way we are playing right now this might be disastrous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.