Viktoria Plzen pre match discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note that Aguero needs not be more involved in the buildup in midfield, but HE HAS TO PRESSURE THE OPPONENTS CENTRAL DEFENSIVE MIDS AND NOT ALLOW THEM TIME ON THE BALL, DZEKO THE SAME WITH THE CBs

I am too amped in case you can't tell!!!

Rocket Sauce said:
Vienna_70 said:
blue banks said:
CITY XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany (c), Nastasic, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Jesus Navas, Nasri, Aguero, Dzeko

Is this the confirmed XI?
Yes, it's confirmed.

I think it's a great lineup. Glad to see that Pellegrini is going for it. Wish we had Silva, but that's the way things go sometimes. With the quality in this team, we should be able to win this easily. But, City being City, we'll probably find it difficult.

Thanks, Rocket.

It's certainly more attacking than I would have gone with.

I would have had a extra body in midfield - Rodwell or Milner - at the expense of Nasri.

But then, I'm not the manager of Manchester City!

kenzie115 said:
Delighted to see Kompany back in the side, feel a lot better now.

Hope we line up 4-2-3-1 with Nasri central and Aguero left. This will allow us to dominate midfield and Nasri's so much better in the middle.

Agree, fingers crossed we line up like that. Cant wait for this game less than an hour to go. City win 3-1

Viktoria Plzen lineup: Kozáčik - Rajtoral, Hejda, Procházka, Limberský - Horváth, Hořava - Petržela, Kolář, Kovařík - Bakoš.

Bakos up front might be a risk as he is only getting his match fitness back as he has been out with a couple of injuries lately. Hejda in defence is the weak link, a skillful forward ought to make his life hell. Rajtoral withdrawn from midfield to right back due to injury to Reznik, which means Petrzela starts on the wing. Defence won't suffer but the attack will, as Petrzela is fast but has zero composure. I can see him getting past Kolarov a few times but his end product is terrible.

City Raider said:
We've never been able to make 2 up front work in Champs League, I hope MP knows how.
Never fucking learn do we,one up front,win the midfield then break with pace. If theyre not that good we may get away with it but with Navas & Nasri on the pitch its a very risky strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.