Viktoria Plzen v City (Tuesday 17 September)

Chappie said:
allan harper said:
Also!!

If there is that many fans 300/400 on more than 13'000 points why didn't the drop from 13'000 come down in points in 250/500 points

It went straight from 13'000 to 11,500 big drop that.

I'll say again, not a chance 600 tickets went to us today.

If I'm wrong, I'll buy some lube!!
You are right as the supporters club had a small allocation,which I would guess ,would be around the 100 mark
I dont believe the players will have taken many and corporate people will not travel in great numbers,due to the lack of organised travel,ie Thomas Cook

these are over and above the 600 anyway.

de niro said:
Tonster said:
de niro said:
that's fine but give the away side a half decent allocation, a safe and sensible one that lessens the problems I've highlighted.

Again, they have given 5% of capacity as per UEFA rules. Part of the advantage of playing at home is to maximise that advantage (minimal away support) why would they give more than they have to? Wouldn't expect us to do it, they will sell out their end no problem.

well I know you and I have tickets but any system that leaves so many blues stranded or ripped off is as I say a disgrace.

As do I have a ticket but my missus has missed out and will have to settle for Bayern with her points. But I just think you can't force clubs to give more tickets out of a small ground just to suit us. Then some of their fans have to miss out at home.
How then is that fair?

Got to get back to Prague airport for around 5am after the match anyone have any ideas of transport back

mancitymick said:
allan harper said:
Also!!

If there is that many fans 300/400 on more than 13'000 points why didn't the drop from 13'000 come down in points in 250/500 points

With that limited amount of tickets the drop from 13000 to 11500 in one go is a farce. Should of only gone down in 500 increments

Agreed, seemed very strange to drop so quickly

I’m going to try to write a balanced, objective view of how I see things here.

Our ‘loyalty points’ system is obviously based on loyalty, meaning that those supporters who have spent years (and thousands of pounds) following the club through thick and thin, over land and sea, are rewarded. It is not a 100% foolproof system and it has a few loopholes, but it sure as hell beats anything that most other clubs come up with: those swamp dwellers do some sort of ‘lottery’, but there again, they have 659 million fans and a waiting list of 200 or so years to get a season card! Apparently.

Based in Spain, I have always had to rely on the goodwill of mates back home for tickets. I’m a blue member, but I can only get back a few times each year. Therefore, my loyalty points are still in double figures and I haven’t got a chance of a ticket for big games. But I’m not complaining.

Whenever I can, I look after my fellow blues. This can consist of things like cheap hotel rooms (my missus works in a big hotel chain and can get amazing discounts) or renting cars (at no extra cost) to transport people to places like Poznan (from Berlin) or Turin (from Milan). It works both ways: you tickle mine and I’ll . . . . I’m sure you know what I mean (and I’m not gay, Mr. Harper!).

The real problem with Plzen is the capacity of their ground. If we only get 600 tickets, well that’s a pain. Unfortunately, I now won’t be going, but I’ll see you all in Munich.

Tonster said:
mancitymick said:
allan harper said:
Also!!

With that limited amount of tickets the drop from 13000 to 11500 in one go is a farce. Should of only gone down in 500 increments

I think this was due to the proximity of the game. If it went down in lesser increments it might not have allowed enough time to get tickets out to people.

allan harper said:
lancs blue said:
Tonster said:
I'll take a bet on that. I've got over 14300 points and I know from when Superbia was offered first season that there were over 45 with more points than me so I'd be very surprised if there weren't 3/400 at least with over 13000 points which would be born out by 500+ tixs today selling out almost immediately after dropping to 11500.

Mr Harper could be in trouble here! I have 13,300 pts and was about 160 on the Superbia invite list so I'd estimate around 250-300 with 13k or more.

I'll be shocked if that figure is more accurate then mine, 160 on the that list? Where's the list mate, I've been invited on it so as my mates, never seen a list number?

When the original Superbia invites were sent out there was a number in one corner of the card, It corresponded to the position in the loyalty points list.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:35 pm --<br /><br />
may2011 said:
Got to get back to Prague airport for around 5am after the match anyone have any ideas of transport back

I think you're looking at a taxi tbh, first train isn't until 4.08am and gets back into the centre of Prague at 5-44am and you've still got to get to the airport.

Tonster said:
de niro said:
Tonster said:
Again, they have given 5% of capacity as per UEFA rules. Part of the advantage of playing at home is to maximise that advantage (minimal away support) why would they give more than they have to? Wouldn't expect us to do it, they will sell out their end no problem.

well I know you and I have tickets but any system that leaves so many blues stranded or ripped off is as I say a disgrace.

As do I have a ticket but my missus has missed out and will have to settle for Bayern with her points. But I just think you can't force clubs to give more tickets out of a small ground just to suit us. Then some of their fans have to miss out at home.
How then is that fair?

its fairer than so many fans of mcfc missing out after supporting us for years when we did jack shit.

cptaidan88 said:
Tonster said:
mancitymick said:

I think this was due to the proximity of the game. If it went down in lesser increments it might not have allowed enough time to get tickets out to people.

Could still have been done in smaller increments, they already stated the tickets won't arrive from Plzen until Monday. Seemed a huge drop on the first day

de niro said:
Tonster said:
de niro said:

How then is that fair?

its fairer than so many fans of mcfc missing out after supporting us for years when we did jack shit.
When we played Dortmund at home last year I'm sure Dortmund could have sold many more tickets than the 2,500 or so they were allocated, How would you have reacted if UEFA had ordered City to double their allocation, causing over 2,000 City fans to miss out?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.