Vilas Boas

BillyShears said:
Going to be interesting seeing how Lampard, Terry, Drogba, and Anelka deal with it...

My opinion all four could end up going or at the very least end up being spectators rather than automatic starters come next season...
I'll be surprised if Anelka is here come next season. Lampard is at the stage where he needs to take a bigger squad role now as its becoming clear that his age is catching up with him if he starts every game of the season. Drogba, being an immense athlete still has it, as does Terry - but their replacements are in the squad and thus they'll be phased into back seat roles or moved on (more likely in the case of Drogba as I feel most teams would like to have him for his swan song if he still wants to start regularly.)

However AVB had an excellent relationship with all of those players during his time here on the coaching staff. I don't think they'll have issues with respect because of that prior relationship.

Castiel said:
However AVB had an excellent relationship with all of those players during his time here on the coaching staff. I don't think they'll have issues with respect because of that prior relationship.

I agree - the observation I was making was more about how those players handle their lesser roles within the squad, and Roman's clear changing of the guard buying policy...

BillyShears said:
I agree - the observation I was making was more about how those players handle their lesser roles within the squad, and Roman's clear changing of the guard buying policy...
Of the big 3 of Mourinho's "untouchables", Lampard, Terry and Drogba - I predict Drogba being the most likely candidate to have a problem with a squad role. I've seen Terry throw his face into someones full strength boot to prevent goals in the Carling Cup and Lampard has been mentoring Josh McEachran to replace him. But everyone is aware of Drog's personality.

You'll have to take my word for just how appalling Mancini's man management skills are. People can choose to believe me or disbelieve me

Oh ok then if you say so it must be true. Whatever Mancini has done to your wife get over it and get behind him ffs, like others have said it's getting boring now

Terrible news if true. I have a bad feeling that he will dominate the league.

His analytical skill is like something you'd see in the NFL. Will be a top manager, no doubt.

@Billy

I don't know why you have such a hardon for AVB but let's see how he copes when the time comes when the media, fans and players are all having a pop at AVB, that's when we'll beable to see the metal of the man.

Thus far the only manager I've seen in recent times to put up with the shit you level at our manager and the grief given by bias media campaigns is Mancini. No other manager could have handled that level of shit in such a composed and dignified manner.

So yeah AVB looks a good manager, but he has NEVER been tested, he may crumble. Until that point back our manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.