Vilas Boas

mancboy123 said:
Fair enough he may thrive on it but lashing out at all and sundry makes it look like the pressure is getting to him whether its a calculated move or not, to suggest that barcelona had never won a clean european cup certainly sounds like the actions of a man under pressure.

The fact is your assessment could be just as inaccurate as mine as you have no idea of mourinho the man or the inner workings of chelsea bar what the press tell you and me. Managers and players are built up to be much cleverer than they are and their actions are assessed and judged in a million different ways when sometimes they are just what they appear to be instead of a calculated move.
While thats a fair point to make, I did watch Mourinho pretty closely for three years and of course took your general interest in what he's done at Inter and Real. Everywhere he goes he starts these media wars/mind game and sieges. As Alan said above, its part of what makes him a great - he will protect his players and take the weight himself.

The Barcelona thing is slightly different. He's got a history with them and I suspect it did have some emotional connotations. But you have to admit, it was quite interesting that following that game, not many people (except the Barca supporters in that ordeal) were thinking about how poorly Real played, but focused on Mourinho's comments in the press. His players didn't have to deal with any substantial criticism at all as the press were all in hysterics over Mourinho's comments. Look at the criticism United got and the praise Barca got in the CL final by contrast. Had that been Mourinho, the press interest would have been elsewhere.

simmers said:
Compared to Mancini

Italy Serie A (3) Internazionale: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia (4) Fiorentina: 2000–01
Lazio: 2003–04
Internazionale: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana (2) Internazionale: 2005, 2006
England FA Cup (1) Manchester City: 2010–11

Thanks. I'd forgotten about Mancini's achievements.

Be nice if you'd posted a full explanation of the Calciopoli scandal at the same time to give the achievements some context...but hey ho.

Very fair point m8 but like i said im not sure whether thats down to him as a person wanting everything to be about him or a calculated move, you must admit he does have somewhat of a narcissistic personality and it wouldnt surprise me if he liked the spotlight on him for when he does well and when he does badly.

I accept what your saying and its very valid I just think that sometimes it looks bad on him what he does and certainly looks like the actions of a man under pressure even if it isnt the actions of a man under pressure<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:01 pm --<br /><br />Alrite Billy you dont like mancini thats ok but no scandal in bringing silverware to this club something we have all as supporters craved for a long time

I can agree that the cause for his antics can be a matter of interpretation, but at least it works! :P

mancboy123 said:
Alrite Billy you dont like mancini thats ok but no scandal in bringing silverware to this club something we have all as supporters craved for a long time

No scandal whatsoever mate...we ended up exceeding expectations in the season just gone. I think people often misinterpret my antipathy for Mancini, and my occassional rant last season after particularly poor performances, or results - as some kind of deep seeded irrational hatred when that's just not the case.

A few times I've had to quote posts I made when Mancini joined us just to show people that when he joined I was as excited as anyone else at the prospect...

worked m8 currently its not working it has worked at the moment it isnt. My major problem with mourinho is from the european cup with porto which is a hell of an achievement every team he has been to were there or thereabouts anyway, he took you guys from 2nd to 1st, there is nothing to say ranieri couldnt have done the same, he went to inter who had already won the league 3 times on the spin and won all the cups again and yes he did win the champs league with alot of investmen, then he goes to rm and wins them the kings cup but not the league or champs league which is what they all want, now im not knocking the man as clearly he is a superb manager but he has never had to get out of the relegation zone with no money, get a team from 5th to 1st etc and everywhere hes gone hes had plenty of money to do just that.

In terms of league placings, he moved you guys up 1 place in the league albeit from 2nd to 1st which is the most important move you can make but it would be interesting to see from a footballing perspective how he would do with say a villa or someone like that. I know that will make no sense to most people but in my head i get it lol<br /><br />-- Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:11 pm --<br /><br />Fair enough m8 i know you dont like him and you have your reasons for that but i dont think replacing a guy whose progressing us forward and jsut won us our first trophy with someone with no proven pedigree would be an astute move to make at the mo, wed be hammered in the press even more than usual and if he didnt hit the ground running hed have no leeway and nowhere to hide

jjeangi said:
peoffrey said:
How come he manages so young? Did he pick up an injury or was he a shit player?

He never played.

Just like Mourinho! I know many great Managers were average players but to have some top ones come through who never kicked a ball as a Professional is strange.

BillyShears said:
simmers said:
Compared to Mancini

Italy Serie A (3) Internazionale: 2005–06, 2006–07, 2007–08
Coppa Italia (4) Fiorentina: 2000–01
Lazio: 2003–04
Internazionale: 2004–05, 2005–06
Supercoppa Italiana (2) Internazionale: 2005, 2006
England FA Cup (1) Manchester City: 2010–11

Thanks. I'd forgotten about Mancini's achievements.

Be nice if you'd posted a full explanation of the Calciopoli scandal at the same time to give the achievements some context...but hey ho.

Feel free to read about it, I'm sure there's plenty about it on Google. I'm just astounded you're creaming yourself over this guy who's inexperienced and won so little, yet you constantly criticise and undermine our manager who has won much more (including winning us the F.A Cup and leading us to joint 2nd in the league)

Don't get the panic over this at all. Chelsea were always going of get a quality manager end of story. Guess what, we have one as well.

Grass is always greener huh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.