villa attendance

Re: Villa fans

Avillafan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Don't listen to soem of this lot. Though I can never understand your treatment of Gareth Barry, Villa fans are good fans in my book. Always enjoy coming to Villa Park and have a good time down there.

I think City and Everton are definately some of the best fans to come down to Villa. I think us included (with you and Everton) are some of the best supporters in the prem
The GB treatment is the kicking and stamping his feet, news paper articles and he was only leaving us for a chumpions league club when leaving us (in europa league) to a club who at the time werent. Some Villa fans don't like Milner, which is one i dont understand and id take him back tomorow! Always gave 100%

Some City fans dont like Milner either!

This is the first season in quite some while where we have 3 major competitions on the go and game after game after game. Add that to the convergence of so many home games one after the other and it's bound to stretch the fan-base a bit thin.
Was always easy to get a surprisingly large crowd when we were playing badly and ergo in few competitions so could focus on the league games eh?
I'm as skint as the next man but I've not missed a home game all season because I knew we'd have so many games this season and I made preparations for the cost by re-jigging my MO to make the money go further. As I'm only a few miles away I stopped driving to the games and I now go on my bike - not so warm and not so comfy but it saves me £10 a game on parking.Also, I started taking sandwiches and a drink with me to each game and that must save me a least £5.50 a game. That saves me £15.50 a game and that more or less pays for the extra games. I still buy a programme but I'm thinking of cutting that out too so I can save a further £3 a game.
Also cancelled my summer holiday this year so that I can afford to go to a cup final (fingers crossed).

I know that I'm lucky to be local enough to be close enough to ditch the car but apart from that my savings can be replicated by everyone else . . . my view is that the extra games and especially the cheaper cup games are the perfect opportunity to encourage friends and family (that don't usually turn out) to attend, and I've had both my daughters there this season plus daughters boyfriend who isn't even a footie fan - and they all want to attend again (I should have at least 4 visitors with me for Dynamo on the 17th).

In short; it's up to the club, and most notably Roberto Mancini, to improve our play over this and the next couple of seasons to establish us in the top echelons of English and European football but it's up to us 'the fans' to sort out our attendances to fill the stadia and establish our crowd in the top echelons of English and European football.
Contrary to the negative views pinging about on bluemoan, we already have one of the best attendances in the UK and if we, the fans, can make as big an effort as the club then we'll get the stadium expansion that we deserve as soon as we deserve to fill it.

At the moment there's a lag between the improved football and the improved attendances but the numbers will soon catch-up if the fans make the effort.

Be good if the club could organise the away supporters so that the louder sections of the CoMS aren't split asunder for every cup game though!

hisroyalblueness said:
This is the first season in quite some while where we have 3 major competitions on the go and game after game after game. Add that to the convergence of so many home games one after the other and it's bound to stretch the fan-base a bit thin.
Was always easy to get a surprisingly large crowd when we were playing badly and ergo in few competitions so could focus on the league games eh?
I'm as skint as the next man but I've not missed a home game all season because I knew we'd have so many games this season and I made preparations for the cost by re-jigging my MO to make the money go further. As I'm only a few miles away I stopped driving to the games and I now go on my bike - not so warm and not so comfy but it saves me £10 a game on parking.Also, I started taking sandwiches and a drink with me to each game and that must save me a least £5.50 a game. That saves me £15.50 a game and that more or less pays for the extra games. I still buy a programme but I'm thinking of cutting that out too so I can save a further £3 a game.
Also cancelled my summer holiday this year so that I can afford to go to a cup final (fingers crossed).

I know that I'm lucky to be local enough to be close enough to ditch the car but apart from that my savings can be replicated by everyone else . . . my view is that the extra games and especially the cheaper cup games are the perfect opportunity to encourage friends and family (that don't usually turn out) to attend, and I've had both my daughters there this season plus daughters boyfriend who isn't even a footie fan - and they all want to attend again (I should have at least 4 visitors with me for Dynamo on the 17th).

In short; it's up to the club, and most notably Roberto Mancini, to improve our play over this and the next couple of seasons to establish us in the top echelons of English and European football but it's up to us 'the fans' to sort out our attendances to fill the stadia and establish our crowd in the top echelons of English and European football.
Contrary to the negative views pinging about on bluemoan, we already have one of the best attendances in the UK and if we, the fans, can make as big an effort as the club then we'll get the stadium expansion that we deserve as soon as we deserve to fill it.

At the moment there's a lag between the improved football and the improved attendances but the numbers will soon catch-up if the fans make the effort.

Be good if the club could organise the away supporters so that the louder sections of the CoMS aren't split asunder for every cup game though
!

quite a shock to read a sensible post on here.....well said

I've left buying my ticket for tonight until today hoping a few blocks in either the north stand upper or Colin bell stand 2 tier would come available either online or over the phone. Only selling blocks in the north stand now.

I'm a season ticket holder in 212 and was hoping to find a ticket somewhere else in the 2nd tier as I've done for other cup games this year. I'm not a great fan of the view from the 1st tier. Too low. I missed the deadline to claim my own seat purposely to sit elsewhere.

Although i completely understand the club wants to make the stadium look fuller for the tv cameras but surely if I'm paying my money I should get a choice to sit elsewhere. To be fair to someone on the customer service line they tried to get me a seat in the east stand 2nd tier but they only had singles and I'm bringing a friend.

We all know there'll be swathes of empty seats in the Colin bell 2nd tier, the north 2nd tier and each of the 3rd tiers but the club won't give me an option to buy one In them areas.

I think it's very disappointing that I can't choose a seat. I'd honestly rather watch a home game on tv than sit in the 1st tier especially behind the goal

citysix said:
dw7 said:
It's still the same £22.50 adults £17.50 16/21
have a look at the os..it says £17.50 for adults!

Tickets are still available for Wednesday's FA Cup sponsored by eon tie with Villa which will guarantee the winners a place in the quarter finals and another home match.

Seats are at the reduced prices of £22.50 for adults, £17.50 for 16-21 years/overs 65s and £5 for kids.

Supporters are advised that sales over the web will close at noon on Wednesday. The Stadium Box Office will be open from 9am on the day of the game and remain open until kick off.

Fans with a valid Citycard, Accesscard or Live4City card can activate their card for this game by calling 0870 062 1894 (option 1). There is a £2 booking fee per ticket on all telephone bookings.

Supporters collecting pre-purchased tickets are able to do so from 4pm onwards on the day of the game.

Any supporters planning to purchase tickets on the day or collecting advanced sales are advised to arrive at the Stadium as early as possible to avoid queues which could impact on being able to enter the Stadium in time for kick off.

The following tickets will be available to purchase on the day, subject to the respective loyalty point criteria:

Premier League

City v Wigan – March 5 - General sale

City v Sunderland - April 3 – Citycard holders

Dublin Super Cup (Pre-Season Tournament) – open sale

City v Airtricity XI - 30 July

City v Inter Milan - 31 July

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.