villa attendance

Re: Villa fans

CTID_92 said:
tbf it's a sign of what the FA cup's become, we've seen it ourselves with the low attendances, it just doesn't have the same pulling power anymore.

I think it's more the midweek match than the FA Cup, but if the FA carry on much longer with the kind of shite we've seen this week re FatScouseGit, people will tell the FA they can stick their Cup right up the Royal Box.

That's majorly disappointing :( At least there will be more fans there than Fulham at weekend! I was hoping for a good atmosphere which is normally created between both sets of fans so hoping the near 2k that are there will be alright! I understand why people don't want to go with it being mid-week away and on TV but Leicester brought 6k, though it did mean more to them! But with a quarter-final at stake against Reading/Everton should spur them on...

Holtenderinthesky said:
howfen blue said:
Don't know why everybody is surprised Villa are right up there with the worst supporters in the country fickle as fuck!!! In fact every team in the area are poorly supported when you consider the catchment area they have!!

A few things. Firstly, we never had 5k to start with. We were given 3k to be sold in advance and a further 1k on the door, on the night. Secondly, we have sold ALL of the initial 3k and many more will go and pay tomorrow. Thirdly, we are not poorly supported at all, considering how poor a season we have had compared to City and the amount of teams in our area and before you go on about the amount of teams in the North West, look at Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan's attendances!! Finally, the person calling our great traditional old football ground "Vile" park, well done, did you make it up yourself after realising you could make a derogatory word out of our unique name? Or more likely you heard it on a West Brom, Small Heath, Wolves forum and thought it was funny. If I were you I'd be more concerned about the turn up in the home end, people who live in glass houses.............

3k for a midweek cup game is superb IMO.
Well done to all that travel.
We're a bit 'obsessed' on here with attendances.
Wouldnt take the 'vile park' to seriously - bit of banter thats all - same way villa fans have been calling us citeh!!
Hope its a good game and a good result for us, dont want a replay!!

blueinsa said:
TV, a competition devalued these days, midweek, away and people are fucking skint.

fair play to those that do travel up i say.

-- Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:27 pm --

Holtenderinthesky said:
A few things. Firstly, we never had 5k to start with. We were given 3k to be sold in advance and a further 1k on the door, on the night. Secondly, we have sold ALL of the initial 3k and many more will go and pay tomorrow. Thirdly, we are not poorly supported at all, considering how poor a season we have had compared to City and the amount of teams in our area and before you go on about the amount of teams in the North West, look at Bolton, Blackburn and Wigan's attendances!! Finally, the person calling our great traditional old football ground "Vile" park, well done, did you make it up yourself after realising you could make a derogatory word out of our unique name? Or more likely you heard it on a West Brom, Small Heath, Wolves forum and thought it was funny. If I were you I'd be more concerned about the turn up in the home end, people who live in glass houses.............

You guys have got fuck all to prove fella, don't worry yourself.

Well said.

Who are we to criticise fans not turning up for Cup games?

Villa are an excellent support, both home and away, and too many on here are deluded to think otherwise.

danny123 said:
That's majorly disappointing :( At least there will be more fans there than Fulham at weekend! I was hoping for a good atmosphere which is normally created between both sets of fans so hoping the near 2k that are there will be alright! I understand why people don't want to go with it being mid-week away and on TV but Leicester brought 6k, though it did mean more to them! But with a quarter-final at stake against Reading/Everton should spur them on...

There will be at least 3k. See my earlier post. Also, the last train back to Brum is at just after 10, making it difficult/impossible to get back easily. Leicester may have brought 6k but that would've been like a cup final to them, a big away game at a Prem club. You have to remember that our last trip to your ground was the worst Villa performance in years and people don't forget things like that easily. 3k would be a great turn out in the current financial climate imo.

Reading just added a couple of thousand to the gate. But still only 30k I reckon

The bright side of a low gate would be they might realise many genuine fans can't afford afford all these game and there might not be another 50% price increase for the next round.
Also, there's only usually 5 or 6 blocks with any atmosphere anyway, so as long as there full...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.