Villa boo boys

I don't mind Villa.

Decent feeder club; not as exepensive as our other one near Hertforshire.

AVFC1892 said:
johnmc said:
As did Barry

That's possibly true.

I don't see how you can view sturridge moving to chelsea as anything other than a step up.

They're the 2nd best (possibly the best) team in the country right now.

I can't be bothered arguing about Barry, we exhausted it over the summer. As far as I'm aware though, most decent villa fans (the silent majority) still respect Barry, I think that's important before City fans start labelling all villa fans pathetic or stupid or classless.

read my above post wishing barry well.

Nice counter punching AVFC, personally having lived in Brum for 10 years before i came out here, i find the fans somewhat hypocritical, i remember them getting 50 odd thousand against Liverpool on the Saturday and then under 20,000 the following Wednesday against Wimbledon, that said i have some good friends who are "Villa" thru and thru who were disgusted at the vile directed at Barry last Monday. After all he left for more money and more ambitious club right now (thru the investment i grant you) which is what each and everyone of us have (or will do in the future) done in our work lives, so whats the difference here?

I still think we both have an excellent chance of breaking into the so-called "Big-4" this season, with The Arse and the scousers being most vulnerable. If, like us no doubt, you spend wisely in January, i see no reason why we should both be in the Champions League next season - best of luck pal!

BufordUSABlue said:
AVFC1892 said:
That's possibly true.

I don't see how you can view sturridge moving to chelsea as anything other than a step up.

They're the 2nd best (possibly the best) team in the country right now.

I can't be bothered arguing about Barry, we exhausted it over the summer. As far as I'm aware though, most decent villa fans (the silent majority) still respect Barry, I think that's important before City fans start labelling all villa fans pathetic or stupid or classless.

read my above post wishing barry well.

Nice counter punching AVFC, personally having lived in Brum for 10 years before i came out here, i find the fans somewhat hypocritical, i remember them getting 50 odd thousand against Liverpool on the Saturday and then under 20,000 the following Wednesday against Wimbledon, that said i have some good friends who are "Villa" thru and thru who were disgusted at the vile directed at Barry last Monday. After all he left for more money and more ambitious club right now (thru the investment i grant you) which is what each and everyone of us have (or will do in the future) done in our work lives, so whats the difference here?

I still think we both have an excellent chance of breaking into the so-called "Big-4" this season, with The Arse and the scousers being most vulnerable. If, like us no doubt, you spend wisely in January, i see no reason why we should both be in the Champions League next season - best of luck pal!

cheers, although I don't think either of us will this year, I think City will next year. There's no way you won't with that much money!

As long as the arsenal or liverpoolfans get put into place (although I know you'd prefer it to be united ;)

AVFC1892 said:
blue_bird said:
The minority of morons? So you have a lot of morons at Villa Park do you? After the other night I'd say that was pretty evident.

We're not interested how your boo boys treated Yorke, he's not one of ours. Barry is though and as I said previously I bet he's pretty glad he is now.

You obviously didn't go to the game.

A vocal minority booed, at the end of the game a majority of real fans applauded Barry who applauded back.

I can there is no changing your mind, I knew that anyway but I'm hoping to appeal to more sensible city fans who will realise that it's just a few morons.

We had a crowd of 37,000, probably less than 1,000 booed. Yeah, we have a majority of morons....

Barry will always be Villa. I know friends of Gareth who know he's still villa. The booing was pantomine stuff, and everyone including Barry knwos this. He's still Villa.

So I'm not a sensible City fan because I'm daring to disagree with you?

No, I didn't go to the game (this year) however, I know countless people who did and all have the same opinion/argument as I do. You say less than 1,000 booed? Well, if that's the case they must have extremely loud voices, because from what I could tell it was pretty damn deafening.

You need to tell one or two of your fans that it was pantomime stuff. Your mate who got his 15mins of fame was frothing at the mouth or was that all tongue in cheek too?

You know friends of Gareths do you? Well, I know his mothers cousins daughters boyfriend who says he hates Villa now after all that booing ;@)

blue_bird said:
AVFC1892 said:

A vocal minority booed, at the end of the game a majority of real fans applauded Barry who applauded back.

I can there is no changing your mind, I knew that anyway but I'm hoping to appeal to more sensible city fans who will realise that it's just a few morons.

We had a crowd of 37,000, probably less than 1,000 booed. Yeah, we have a majority of morons....

Barry will always be Villa. I know friends of Gareth who know he's still villa. The booing was pantomine stuff, and everyone including Barry knwos this. He's still Villa.

No, I didn't go to the game (this year) however, I know countless people who did and all have the same opinion/argument as I do. You say less than 1,000 booed? Well, if that's the case they must have extremely loud voices, because from what I could tell it was pretty damn deafening.

You need to tell one or two of your fans that it was pantomime stuff. Your mate who got his 15mins of fame was frothing at the mouth or was that all tongue in cheek too?

You know friends of Gareths do you? Well, I know his mothers cousins daughters boyfriend who says he hates Villa now after all that booing ;@)

I live around the corner from where he used to live.

That was one 'fan' by the way, and he was pretty cringeworthy.

And I'm not saying you're not sensible becauseyou don't agree with me,more because you're letting club bias cloud your opinion. Every club boos players, in some eyes Barry deserves it for numerous (already explained) reasons, whereas Dunne was never going to get booed because he didn't ask for a transfer, never wanted to go etc.

They're not comparable.

blue_bird said:
AVFC1892 said:

LOL Bluebird! And i know Barry's 'mothers cousins daughters boyfriend' he's called Dave right? and his mate owns a Balti house down in Smethwick and drinks in The Albion down in Aston Cross.... :-) !!

AVFC1892 said:
We have many songs, but that isn't the point.

You can think Barry is 'yours' all you like, just as much as you probbaly think Adebayor is a blue or whatever.

Barry knew he'd get a few boos, from some idiots, but from his own mouth he's 'villa for life'.

Do you think a few pantomine boos, then a massive round of applause from the holte end at the end of the game will change that?

I know most of you just can't put club bias aside for a moment, but hey, I'm sure there are a few sensible people on here.

its a job, its a job to them all,well most, there are no blues or villians. stevie is a blue, neville is a rag, carra is a dipper, but this sort of player are very rare indeed. is barry villa through and through? we dont know either way.

Yeah, it's hilarious that someone who lives around the corner from where barry used to live would know some of the people he knows lol!

AVFC1892 said:
blue_bird said:

I live around the corner from where he used to live.

That was one 'fan' by the way, and he was pretty cringeworthy.

And I'm not saying you're not sensible becauseyou don't agree with me,more because you're letting club bias cloud your opinion. Every club boos players, in some eyes Barry deserves it for numerous (already explained) reasons, whereas Dunne was never going to get booed because he didn't ask for a transfer, never wanted to go etc.

They're not comparable.

Where did I compare this to Richard Dunne?

Yes, I'm aware it was one fan (hence the reason I said one or two of your fans) but he wasn't alone was he? He had a whole bunch round him hurling abuse at Barry when he went to take that corner.

Yes, I do sometimes let club bias cloud my opinion, but that's what happens when you love your club. I make no apology for that.

when I was at Aston in 79 i watched the Villa on a couple of occasions when city too far away or not playin. The fans were friendly and never had the kind of agro at St Andrews.........

The ECL winning team was ace and Gary Shaw vastly under-rated.............

Pity what they did to Gareth but that's life.........................................City and Villa I think have always tended to get on........

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.