Villa Fans Want Well Over £20mill + Ireland For Milner.....

Rather have Benayoun, which is someone MON will probably go for with about £10m of the huge wedge we are likely to give Villa for Milner.

He works fantastically well with a budget O Neill, one of the worst managers we could give a stash to.

2Daroot said:
*singingtheblues* said:
Ireland's the younger player, technically superior, and on his day he's the better player.

I'd rather we forgot about Milner if it meant we kept hold of Ireland.

If Ireland leaves, it'll come back to bite us on the arse.

Ha Ha Ha Ha you should be on the stage I think a bit of wee has come out, you obviously don't watch or understand football (shaking head) sit down you're makin yourself look silly

-- Thu May 20, 2010 1:14 am --

lee-mcfc said:
dont know why but that just made me laugh maybe because am stoned

Probably just the fact you're a grade A cock
internet hardman hello

lee-mcfc said:
2Daroot said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha you should be on the stage I think a bit of wee has come out, you obviously don't watch or understand football (shaking head) sit down you're makin yourself look silly

-- Thu May 20, 2010 1:14 am --

Probably just the fact you're a grade A cock
internet hardman hello

No mate just bored with Bellends
Give me your definition of "Internet Hardman" then I could say for definate if i fall into that category

2Daroot said:
lee-mcfc said:
internet hardman hello

Give me your definition of "Internet Hardman" then I could say for definate if i fall into that category

your calling me a cock and a bellend just because i laughed at what someone said? .....well someone seems cranky chill out.

lee-mcfc said:
2Daroot said:

your calling me a cock and a bellend just because i laughed at what someone said? .....well someone seems cranky chill out.

Sorry mate i've got good reason to be pissed off...... your stoned n i'm not im stuck at f*ckin work

2Daroot said:
lee-mcfc said:

Sorry mate i've got good reason to be pissed off...... your stoned n i'm not im stuck at f*ckin work

now i see ! unlucky mate haha

It's a different City to the one that paid £24m for Lescott. We're ahead of Villa and Everton in footballing terms as well as financial terms now, the final league table doesn't lie. Plus we have European football and narrowly missed out the CL which you'd be a fool not to back us to qualify for next year at least - plus Mark Hughes is no longer in charge.

However, I'm really not bothered if we sign Milner or not. One great season and several average/solid ones. If he signs I'll back him but, they can keep him, for me.

Damocles said:
Haha, all these people saying "Well, I wouldn't pay any more than £20m for Milner!!". Yeah, because it's YOUR money that they are using to pay for him, and paying an extra £5m will hugely effect our ticket prices and ability to spend long term!

It doesn't matter if we pay £100m for him. Some people don't seem to understand the whole 'money no object' thing. They also seem to struggle with simple economic concepts such as "the value of an item is the price that will be paid for it".

I think theres a few issues at hand here.

There seems to be this presumption that our owners don't have a budget, or spending limits in mind. They do, otherwise we would havbe Kaka, and Terry, and Eto'o etc already. So if we overpay for someone like Milner, thats money we don't spend on someone who is better value for that money.

Secondly, if we just spend more and more and moreit will increase pressure on the authorities to stop us. FIFA and UEFA are already looking for an excuse.

Thirdly, if we let one club rip us off, every club will rip us off. It will happen to some extent as a matter of course, but we shouldn't be encouraging it to happen every time.

Fourthly, why should we prop up our competitors by giving them more money to improve their squad. It's madness to suggest that we shouldn't worry about the prices we pay, and try to minimise. Otherwise, lets bid £700m for Rooney, I'm sure the Glazers will accept.

Finally, it comes down to respect as a club. I don't want to be a club that isn't capable of doing quality deals, or getting good value for money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.