Villa Fans

manchester blue said:
Damocles said:
Capacity of Maine Road wasn't 47,000 though was it? It was around the 30 mark.

It was about 33k wasn't it. As I said originally I think it's irony as most fans recognise us as being loyal. But the fact remains there wasn't a waiting list nor did the sold out signs go up every game!

Not bad for Division 3 pal and the fact we had shitty stands like the Gene Kellys

Villaninpeace said:
cockneycarparkm32 said:
Top set of fans,had a bit of banter with a few on the way to and from the ground yesterday-Respect!

Respect also to all Blues, the ironic cheers and jumping up and down as if we had just scored in the East Lower stand , when we finally got a decision of the ref, LMAO.

Yeah that made me laugh as well, its all about a bit of banter or should be. Some on both sides will sadly go too far but every club has their 'problem' fans.

City fans have always had a sense of humour though which is why its always been a favourite away day.

its a case of we've had to have a sense of humour mate, as in if you dont laugh you'll fucking cry like a baby!!

I've been to Villa Park many a time when the place has been deserted. A good season and it's full to bursting. I certainly don't think their fans are anything special and they were giving it the big one after the match yesterday from inside the new police cordon.

Before the match in The Waldorf some Villa clown was eagerly describing Barry as a "mercenary c***" to anyone who was interested. Although you can't take anyone seriously with that accent, I asked him to name one player who doesn't play for the money. The silence deafened me. They seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Barry; the same as Everton have with Lescott. Barry was leaving whatever happened. The fact that he came to us is irrelevant. Players come and go. Villa fans need to get over Barry, but they can't. Then again, some people need to get over Richard Dunne's transfer. Good luck to him at Villa but let's have it right: he'd gone stale at our place and the change of scenery has obviously done him the world of good - if you could describe Birmingham as scenic that is!

As for the inevitable stick about our history during the first half; this is such a regular thing nowadays that it's lost all possible meaning.

Had a top day in town before and after the game and some of that must go down to the Villa fans always have a good time at Villa park as well

manchester blue said:
Damocles said:
Capacity of Maine Road wasn't 47,000 though was it? It was around the 30 mark.

It was about 33k wasn't it. As I said originally I think it's irony as most fans recognise us as being loyal. But the fact remains there wasn't a waiting list nor did the sold out signs go up every game!

Something like that. There might not have been a waiting list, but there were plenty of sold out games. You seem to forget that we had to give 10% of the attendance to the away fans (so 3k), leaving us with 29,700. 200 on stewarding, so 29,500. An average of 28,273 is pretty bloody good considering that I can't remember many away fans selling out.

I do remember that our away fans sold out nearly every away match, and we broke everybody's attendance records on the way around.

Besides, your argument just doesn't hold any sort of water when looking at football across the board.

my cousin is a villa fan!!

Villa Park is always a decent day out,, there fans are far from shit!!

Thought they were pretty good yesterday ....

Villa fans are sound....worked in thw Midlands for 5 years and found Brummies really nice people (better than the wankers down South) best are the Black Country folk though from West Bromwich Wolverhamton area...really ace folk and would buy you a drink after meeting you for the first time in a pub....I like people from the Midlands.

Years ago we beat em 5-1 and David White scored 4, few months later I was on Holiday in Tunisia and saw a villa fan on the beach so I started singing a Whitey song which got his attention. We had a brief chat and a laugh for bout half an hr.

The following season I was at Villa park and we lost, after the game I went to a kiosk outside for a burger.....and who serves me..?! yep the same guy! it was a bit weird..

BTH said:
I've been to Villa Park many a time when the place has been deserted. A good season and it's full to bursting. I certainly don't think their fans are anything special and they were giving it the big one after the match yesterday from inside the new police cordon.

Before the match in The Waldorf some Villa clown was eagerly describing Barry as a "mercenary c***" to anyone who was interested. Although you can't take anyone seriously with that accent, I asked him to name one player who doesn't play for the money. The silence deafened me. They seem to have a bee in their bonnet about Barry; the same as Everton have with Lescott. Barry was leaving whatever happened. The fact that he came to us is irrelevant. Players come and go. Villa fans need to get over Barry, but they can't. Then again, some people need to get over Richard Dunne's transfer. Good luck to him at Villa but let's have it right: he'd gone stale at our place and the change of scenery has obviously done him the world of good - if you could describe Birmingham as scenic that is!

As for the inevitable stick about our history during the first half; this is such a regular thing nowadays that it's lost all possible meaning.

Dunne had gone stale at our place you say...........f****** clown you are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.