Villa fans

Last few years they've come out of the woodwork again, before that their support had to be up there with the most fickle set of fans going.
When they went through a bad patch they were famous for doing a disappearing act.
No respect for them at all.
Considering how close to Manchester they are I would say they were the worst fans in the premier league, the last time they were in it they regularly didn't sell out the away end and were like fucking mice, absolute shit support the fickle bastards...

The Villa fan epicenter is Tamworth, say no more
Yep. Tamworth, Nuneaton, Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Kidderminster, Redditch, anywhere but Birmingham. They are the rags of the Midlands. Funny to think that (as someone rightly said on here) that the last bit of silverware to land in Brum was won by the proper Brum team. Perhaps we should remind the mouthy non brummie wankers of that fact next time we play them. I live in the Mids and I know all fans round here and not one non Villa fan has a positive word to say about them. Wolves, Albion, BCFC, Walsall all detest them.

I used to enjoy going to Villa Park back in the 80's-90's, and instead of going in the 'away pub' behind the Witton End, I've had many a beer in the Villa pubs, both near the ground, and in the city centre. Always had a decent time with their fans then, and hated going to St. Andrews, where it was much more intimidating!

It's obvious though, that their fanbase has become much more vitriolic towards us, and I probably wouldn't consider doing what I did there back in the day!

Yep. Tamworth, Nuneaton, Sutton Coldfield, Lichfield, Kidderminster, Redditch, anywhere but Birmingham. They are the rags of the Midlands. Funny to think that (as someone rightly said on here) that the last bit of silverware to land in Brum was won by the proper Brum team. Perhaps we should remind the mouthy non brummie wankers of that fact next time we play them. I live in the Mids and I know all fans round here and not one non Villa fan has a positive word to say about them. Wolves, Albion, BCFC, Walsall all detest them.
I used to be big mates with a Coventry supporter. He said the same thing.

Yes Northern side of Birmingham I believe, BCFC central and south of the city.
You'd do well to find many Villa or Blues fans in the inner city areas of Birmingham, including those near the actual grounds themselves. Generally speaking the rule is North Birmingham is predominately more Villa, while the South is more Blues. It's not quite that black and white but there is an element of truth to it.

I think we suffer a lot from being the most successful club within the area and that filters into a bit of an arrogant mindset within our fanbase. Wolves are a decent sized club and that arrogance has grown a bit in recent times but there hasn't been another club within the area to knock us off that patch and hit our support with a bit of a reality check, I thought the trip to the championship may have done that but we didn't really suffer for long enough. And we're very fortunate to share a city with a club that has pretty much been a walking disaster in it's entirety on & off the pitch. I imagine sharing a city with a club that has good spells/success can humble you slightly but we've never had that.

You'd do well to find many Villa or Blues fans in the inner city areas of Birmingham, including those near the actual grounds themselves. Generally speaking the rule is North Birmingham is predominately more Villa, while the South is more Blues. It's not quite that black and white but there is an element of truth to it.

I think we suffer a lot from being the most successful club within the area and that filters into a bit of an arrogant mindset within our fanbase. Wolves are a decent sized club and that arrogance has grown a bit in recent times but there hasn't been another club within the area to knock us off that patch and hit our support with a bit of a reality check, I thought the trip to the championship may have done that but we didn't really suffer for long enough. And we're very fortunate to share a city with a club that has pretty much been a walking disaster in it's entirety on & off the pitch. I imagine sharing a city with a club that has good spells/success can humble you slightly but we've never had that.
Successful club !!
Fuck me ,you are a trifle optimistic with that statement.
Last time Villa actually won a trophy was 1996 ,which is almost 30 years ago.
The last time Villa were a successful club was 40 years ago,and that was only for two seasons.
Another club full of deluded fuckers who think they are still relevant in the 21st century.

Yep follow that. Villa have had their moments for eg as a child I'm sure I remember.them featuring on MotD as a 3rd division side, Chico Hamilton was playing.
But as you say you've never really hit the point of seeing your hopes terminally hit and your neighbours disappear over the horizon .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.