Villa (H) Post Match Thread

That Foden performance was insane. The lad can reach levels above anything this club have seen. He just ran through the two players as if they did not exist. He isn't predictable like Mahrez at all. He cuts in, goes to the byline, will shoot sometimes, it's just a big box of tricks once one on one/two.
Nearly brought a tear to me eye

Apologies if this has been put on earlier, but if the goalie puts the ball down to kick it away and a player who is offside, runs and takes the ball and scores,is that not the same. Didn't nani do that a few years ago at the swamp
I said something similar upthread, if you could be offside by tackling the game would be radically different. It normally feels slower, but if you changed the rules to mean anyone who is offside can not become active again until the attacking side has touched it again you would completely change how the game is played.

I get really bored with these offside debates on TV. Surely, with all the highly paid pundits available someone could clearly set out the relevant laws and explain why the decision was correct or not, instead we usually get uninformed fact-free ‘expert’ views.

Here’s my twopence worth: Rodri wasn’t offside because he wasn’t interfering with play. That doesn’t mean he can then interfere with play later on, in this case by making a tackle once an opponent has played the ball.

The rules are actually fairly clear now, it seems a shame that none of the experts seem to be aware of them.
It’s totally counter intuitive though.
Going forward you’re told to keep going and the offside will be reviewed after play has stopped. So a defender is really being told to play the ball.
He did, whereas he would have been better leaving it. Rodders would have been offside and couldn’t touch it.
As soon as he touched it Rodders robbed him.
That and the handball in the box being different for an attacker than for a defender are two ridiculous ambiguities in the modern rules IMO.

However, we did nothing wrong and the goal stands, correctly by modern interpretation of the rules.

There was no doubt for me once Mings continues to play Rodders is onside. Mings was looking for a pass for me not waiting for a free-kick. If he decided to move forward with the ball Rodders is back in play don't see the difference.

Was watching on a stream and haven't seen a replay before this I initially thought he was looking for a pass but he was still playing on.

How the hell do I know the offside rules better than Villa's players, manager and pundits? It's not even a new law for gods sake.
Great game though, thoroughly enjoyed it and would have even if we had lost, football's a wonderful game when both sides try and actually play and give it a go.
Wouldn't have Grealish anywhere near our club though, got some skill but an absolute cheating scum bag.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.