Villa is not actually a must win

If people think we're going to get 3 wins out of three with 2 very tense games - expect disappointment.

Take the games that we've needed points like everton and spurs - we didnt do the business so i expect we wont next week either.

Herein lies the problem with the club. We need a winning mentality and that means from the terraces down. Coming out with such drivel as 'Villa isn't a must win game' WTF, yes it is a must win game, we have to win the remainding 3 games. If we win them then we qualify, if we don't then you can't assume other teams are going to slip up.

It hasn't happened so far, so for once lets have a glass half full attitude and you never know it may rub off. No doubt we'll get the 'well it's typical city' remarks, well it is typical city if you keep repeating this shitty mantra over and over again. Too many people happy at mediocrity on here, the thread re the Europa cup final sums it up. More people would be happy playing a europa final in Dublin than a champions league final at wembley. Get a f'kin grip FFS, i know which i'd rather have and it isn't a trip over to the Irish free state that's for f'king sure.

People seem to have overlooked that City have only beaten Spurs once in twelve Premiership attempts over recent years. They will probably shoot on sight against our weakened goalie and give us yet another thrashing. A draw against Villa would probably not be enough to stay above them given the likely Spurs result, so let us be prepared to finish a highly creditable sixth. No shame in that and anyone still thinking we will get fourth needs to renew their medication. It's simply not going to happen. Next season with Torres, Kaka and Boateng on board as well as a classy left back and a flying new winger, we will be in the hunt for the league title, so its not all doom and gloom...and yes, these guys will sign up even if we don't qualify for the Chumps League, wait and see.

Re: Villa is not actually a muknost win

1_barry_conlon said:
Herein lies the problem with the club. We need a winning mentality and that means from the terraces down. Coming out with such drivel as 'Villa isn't a must win game' WTF, yes it is a must win game, we have to win the remainding 3 games. If we win them then we qualify, if we don't then you can't assume other teams are going to slip up.

one game at a time. we have to aim to win this, we are better off if we do, especially if spurs slip up. but i,ve done the maths, and i know that a loss would be a disaster, whereas a draw leaves us favourites if we win the other two. we got a get out of jail card with that point at arsenal, but we can't look to rely on it, it's there in case of emergencies only.

one game at a time, let's win this.

Can be as glass half full as you like but reality sinks in eventually.
To expect to win 3 games is asking a bit much, check out the betting odds for a reality check on the actual chances of this happening.

But being half full how about this - we beat Villa and Spurs draw v Bolton. That would mean a point v Spurs and an away win at West Ham would secure 4th. Not impossible

lionheart said:
People seem to have overlooked that City have only beaten Spurs once in twelve Premiership attempts over recent years. They will probably shoot on sight against our weakened goalie and give us yet another thrashing. A draw against Villa would probably not be enough to stay above them given the likely Spurs result, so let us be prepared to finish a highly creditable sixth. No shame in that and anyone still thinking we will get fourth needs to renew their medication. It's simply not going to happen. Next season with Torres, Kaka and Boateng on board as well as a classy left back and a flying new winger, we will be in the hunt for the league title, so its not all doom and gloom...and yes, these guys will sign up even if we don't qualify for the Chumps League, wait and see.

heh. you seen spurs away record vs top half teams this year? 3 draws 5 losses.

marco said:
spurs will slip up with one of bolton or burnley i fancy bolton to grab a point,infact i will have a wager on it at willy hill

i'm going for

city 3 villa o
spurs 1 bolton 1
city 3 spurs o

game over
I'll smoke what you're smoking!

Morning Fellas,

Apologies for hijacking this post, but as a Spurs fan I wanted to wish you all the best. As far as brands of football go, I sincerly hope it's either us or yourselves that grab the coveted forth spot. Villa are boring, and I can't stand bloody liverpool.....

In regards to the Villa game:

I have no doubt that we will slip up against Bolton, we always seem to do it eventually, so a draw against Villa (at least) might actually be good enough for you, which makes the game at Eastlands the decider. This was probably always going to be the case anyway.

If you want to rest a couple (or all) of your starting squad against us next week though it would be appreciated. You lot will be challanging for the title next year anyways, so you might as well give us our season in the sun :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.