Villa is not actually a must win

trotsky said:
Shouldn't you be at working at your accountants desk. I hope you're not billing anyone for your time on BM.

:-) I'm a gambler, not an accountant... similar skills required I suppose.

Just thought it needed pointing out that the odds suggest that even if we get 4th it is actually more likely than not that we will still drop points somewhere.

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Why is everyone taking WHU away as a certain 3 pts, it won't be, they are free from the worry of going down so will be a different team all together.
One game at a time, only a win will do, no way do I want to be there on Wed needing to beat Spurs to stay in the race. WIN on Sat is a must.

Correct!!!

Eddie Hitler said:
Burnley are leaking goals at the moment,Spurs could get plenty against them.

this

all 3 games are must win for us!

if you want to play in CL you must win against Villa or Tottenham on your pitch

This story is being put about by people who are scared we are going to blow it on Saturday and want to cling on to some form of belief that it can still be done. It's a bit like a 7 year old trying to latch on to some faint last hope that there really is a Father Christmas.

How can we guarantee that Spurs won't put half a dozen past Burnley? We did. An out of sorts Liverpool side scored four there. I would wager Spurs will score however many they need to score at Turf Moor.

In that respect how on earth can anyone say that Villa is not a 'must win' game?

Yes, we would still retain a mathematical chance but, it wouldn't happen.

We don't win on Saturday and we won't qualify. It's a MUST win game.

lionheart said:
People seem to have overlooked that City have only beaten Spurs once in twelve Premiership attempts over recent years. They will probably shoot on sight against our weakened goalie and give us yet another thrashing. A draw against Villa would probably not be enough to stay above them given the likely Spurs result, so let us be prepared to finish a highly creditable sixth. No shame in that and anyone still thinking we will get fourth needs to renew their medication. It's simply not going to happen. Next season with Torres, Kaka and Boateng on board as well as a classy left back and a flying new winger, we will be in the hunt for the league title, so its not all doom and gloom...and yes, these guys will sign up even if we don't qualify for the Chumps League, wait and see.

Why did you choose the name lionheart????? What a defeatist attitude! Do me a favour if we ever go to war dont fooking stand next to me or ile shoot you never mind the enemy!!! Take your "lets settle for 6th place" attitude and poke it fella. Shamefull that!!
P.S. Its you that need the medication...try some attitude changing pills for starters.

can't see Spurs beating notloB. 0 - 0 methinks.

They're prone to giant cock-ups too (which is why they're only 1 point ahead).

City to win last 3 games anyhow!

1. Chelsea… Liverpool(a), Wigan(h) = 80 points + 2 wins = 86 points (max possible is 86)
2. Manure… Sunderland(a), Stoke(h) = 79 points + 2 wins = 85 points (max possible is 85)
3. Arsenal. . . Blackburn(a), Fulham(h) = 72 points + 2 wins = 78 points (max possible is 78)
4. Tottenham. Bolton(h), Man City(a), Burnley(a) = 64 points + 2 wins + 1 draw = 71 points (max possible is 76)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
5. Man City .. Aston Villa(h), Tottenham(h), West Ham(a) = 63 points + 1 win + 2 draws = 68 points (max possible is 74)
6. Aston Villa . Man City(a), Blackburn(h), = 64 points + 1 wins + 1 draws = 68 points (max possible is 70)
7. Liverpool. Chelsea(h), Hull (a) = 62 points + 3 wins = 65 points (max possible is 68)

I've had us drawing with both Villa and Spurs for awhile, but if we can still draw with Villa and muster a huge win against Spurs then we should be able to nip into 4th place right at the death.

We need to beat Spurs full stop.

I have posted this here as i am not a full time poster very rarely but do look at the forum daily , i have been asked by a landlord in Knutsford to see if anyone knows a forum for Villa that is as good as this , ie most fans will use , this isnt to goad or anything like that , its due to a couple of coach loads of villa fans always stop in my local in Knutsford before matches in the north west and he has agreed to them turning up on saturday before the match , great he thought shit loads of extra cash , what he forgot was its the Knutsford May day on saturday and the streets are closed for parking from i think 5am and in total from 1pm , so he asked me to see if i could post on a site hoping the people on the coaches may see it , and to tell them whereto park , i have looked at some sites but not sure which ones will have the hard core away fans on , any help appreciated and there are others on this site who will agree with what is happening on saturday in knutsford as they live there

this lot are good lads having met them a few times and in fact said after their Bolton match we would get 4th , hopefully they will be the same after the game on saturday

cheers

steve

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.