Villa is not actually a must win

Beating Villa isnt a foregone conclusion.

We need to take each game at a time. Hopefully Bolton will scrap well at Spurs and nick a point and we beat Villa. Leaving us in a position to beat spurs on Wednesday and seal the 4th spot. After that we can party at West Ham and the result won't matter.

We don't need to beat Villa, not mathematically, but any dropped points will make our chances of reaching 4th that much harder. What we do have to do is beat Spurs, I can't see them dropping points against either Bolton or Burnley so it's us beating them or they finish 4th for me. I don't see West Ham as an easy game, however if we've done the job we need to do against Villa and Spurs and 4th place is in our hands I think we'll have enough to beat West Ham.

The best/worst thing about Saturday's game that it is even more of a "must win" for Villa. There's no way they will come and sit back. Expect a thriller where attack and defense will be tested.

The result could depend on our old friend Mr Dunne. Which Dunny will we see on Saturday?

Prediction: 2 - 1 (with Dunny scoring the first goal!)

Based on current betting odds for a top 4 finish these are the percentage chances for each team:

Spurs 52%
City 36%
Villa 9%
Liverpool 3%

Match odds for us are currently only on offer for the Villa game. We're 1.9 to win that one. If we assume odds around 2.3 to beat Spurs and 1.5 to beat West Ham then the combined odds to get maximum points are 6.55. This works out at about a 15% chance to win all three.

Regular Joe said:
Based on current betting odds for a top 4 finish these are the percentage chances for each team:

Spurs 52%
City 36%
Villa 9%
Liverpool 3%

Match odds for us are currently only on offer for the Villa game. We're 1.9 to win that one. If we assume odds around 2.3 to beat Spurs and 1.5 to beat West Ham then the combined odds to get maximum points are 6.55. This works out at about a 15% chance to win all three.

Shouldn't you be at working at your accountants desk. I hope you're not billing anyone for your time on BM.

Anyone who thinks spurs won't beat Burnley or Bolton are in a world of their own, they will score at least 3 against the pair of them.

Villa may not be a 'must win' but if we do it will put them out of the running and give us great confidence going into the Spurs match

It maybe unlikly we win all 3 in a row but all 3 are definatley winable on their own so in my opinion it is important to take 1 game at time

larderland said:
if we draw with villa on saturday and beat totenham say 2 nil with tottenham beating bolton say 3 nil we will still be ahead of tottenham on the last game of the season being on the same points with a 2 goal advantage...yes id rather win against villa and tottenham but just to let ppl know once we dont lose to villa then winning against spurs will prbably clinch us 4h

I'll say it again ........

AT THIS POINT IN TIME , WITH ONLY THREE GAMES LEFT , WE CANNOT AFFORD TO TAKE ANY CHANCES ......

so that means aiming to beat Villa , Spurs and West Ham ...

because Spurs will be ultra confident that they can beat both Bolton and Burnley , and pull off at least a draw at City ...... and that would be good enough for them!

Not only that but Villa will also fancy their chances now , so we can't allow them to get any kind of result at City ....... if we DON'T beat Villa the pressure on us will only intensify

And Liverpool aren't exactly out of it yet either!

Whichever way you look at it failure to beat Villa could be extremely costly to us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.