Villa Post Match Thread

goalmole said:
Dribble said:
Booooooooom!!!!!

Tonight was the perfect performance for the gravity of game. We stayed patient and didn't get all stupid under frustration like we have in the past. We controlled possession and the game and like a seasoned assassin, we just bided our time until the prey was right in the middle of the cross hair. Up a bit, left a bit right a bit, booooom!

Pellegrini got everything spot on tonight. When it wasn't happening, I asked myself what I'd do differently and the answer was nothing, he did everything I would have done so it was all down to patience. Dzeko is still shit, but he's a goal scorer and has proved his worth in that department. Jovetic is going to be a star for us and the only downside for me was that Negredo didn't get the 5th as I'd have loved his barren run to come to an end. Yaya's goal, well what more can be said.

One to go, let's go do it and then we can turn our attention to the real enemy UEFA & their fucking criminal FFP. If all goes well on Sunday ladies & gents, the real battle will commence but hopefully with us as champions.
Give your head a wobble. He may not be the most fluid of players, but i have never known anybody score more goals to rescue us when we've been staring down the barrel than he has
Some of us won't know the value of what he does until he's gone.

I can not agree more!

Robert Jordan said:
goalmole said:
Dribble said:
Booooooooom!!!!!

Tonight was the perfect performance for the gravity of game. We stayed patient and didn't get all stupid under frustration like we have in the past. We controlled possession and the game and like a seasoned assassin, we just bided our time until the prey was right in the middle of the cross hair. Up a bit, left a bit right a bit, booooom!

Pellegrini got everything spot on tonight. When it wasn't happening, I asked myself what I'd do differently and the answer was nothing, he did everything I would have done so it was all down to patience. Dzeko is still shit, but he's a goal scorer and has proved his worth in that department. Jovetic is going to be a star for us and the only downside for me was that Negredo didn't get the 5th as I'd have loved his barren run to come to an end. Yaya's goal, well what more can be said.

One to go, let's go do it and then we can turn our attention to the real enemy UEFA & their fucking criminal FFP. If all goes well on Sunday ladies & gents, the real battle will commence but hopefully with us as champions.
Give your head a wobble. He may not be the most fluid of players, but i have never known anybody score more goals to rescue us when we've been staring down the barrel than he has
Some of us won't know the value of what he does until he's gone.

I can not agree more!

Fuck off. How many important goals does he need to score. All round play I will heartily agree he could do more but when we need a goal he is so often the man to provide it.

No more Edin slaying is permitted.

tumblr_m02gftTzhI1qd6v0do2_500.gif

proy said:
I'm going to say this. Tin hat. As a veteran city fan.......I've seen IT before. This football club DO NOT do things easily. We never have. It is all, what we know.

So here is my issue. Manuel has just completed his interview, post match. For the first time this season he has dropped a bollock. He was talking in a past tense. We had, we were, we was.........I need to stress this point, this title is NOT WON YET. There are 90 minutes of football to be played.

I posted in his defence on Monday night. Until today I have not seen a chinq in his armour, not one.

If his energy transmits to those players from tonight we will lose this league.

It's not over yet

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Demichelis Kolarov
Fernandinho Toure
Silva Nasri
Dzeko Jovetic

with Negredo, Lescott, and Garcia coming on. Let's get it done boys.

without a dream said:
Has there ever been a midfielder quote like Yaya Toure? His combination of pace, power, guile and technique is unbelievable.

When he took that touch to open up his body you just knew he was going all the way, the roar was incredible. Definitely one of the best goals I've ever seen.

top player speed and controll of the ball is a joy to behold

Sigh said:
tumblr_m02gftTzhI1qd6v0do2_500.gif

proy said:
I'm going to say this. Tin hat. As a veteran city fan.......I've seen IT before. This football club DO NOT do things easily. We never have. It is all, what we know.

So here is my issue. Manuel has just completed his interview, post match. For the first time this season he has dropped a bollock. He was talking in a past tense. We had, we were, we was.........I need to stress this point, this title is NOT WON YET. There are 90 minutes of football to be played.

I posted in his defence on Monday night. Until today I have not seen a chinq in his armour, not one.

If his energy transmits to those players from tonight we will lose this league.

It's not over yet

Utter garbadge pellegrini is saying one more game and titles ours and we will play to win !!!

We played like champions.

What patience we showed against a team with no sign of comitting players forward - really top performance by us.

Dzeko coming up with more important goals, he's stepped up so much these last few months. He's such a poacher but is absolutely brilliant at it.

Glad to see Jovetic score! A brilliant player who's had horrific injury problems. He will be incredible next season, I'm sure of it.

Yaya's goal was ****ing insane. I don't think any other player in world football could do that. Best centre midfielder in this league by a mile.

Let's win the league on Sunday. I can't wait!

Ray78 said:
MSP said:
Doing it the proper way, no £300 million 'sponsorship' deals, no sugar daddies, no mercenary players just after a pay day. I'd take second place and a rebirth of a legacy than buying a league title with a bunch of shithouse egos any day of the week. I actually hate them more than United, at least that bunch built a dynasty. feck the oil money, feck City, come on the Hammers.

And Littlewoods was a corner shop that was outside Anfield......

And the Moores didn't bank roll the mickey's through the 70s & 80s, and the demise of Liverpool that came about with Camelot and the national lottery was just a coincidence

Great result in the end, well worth being piss soaked through for. Pellers got the subs spot on, although you could also say he got the initial selection wrong. Mostly the feeling is just sheer relief though. I was getting a bit twitchy until Jovetic was brought on and I think it was a sub that desperately needed to be made and had a big and immediate impact. I think that's just City fans though isn't it. We expect calamities and when things aren't going right we immediately believe they are destined to go wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.