Villa Post Match Thread

Great performance from the team today, like champions, they found their way through. Zabaleta was absolutely inspirational, Yaya kept probing to look for that key to unlock the stubborn Villa defense, Our defense were wise and solid and all in all the whole team played incredibly well. The manager probably deserves the most praise for his man management skills during half time to keep the players relaxed and continue with what they were doing as the break will come eventually which it did. He was also prompt and precise with his substitutions, which proved key.

Well done Pellegrini, well done the players. Dzeko did what he has always done for City- deliver when it matters and he is a world class striker, I am very excited about Jovetic as I really think he can develop into something special as long as he keees off the gnawing injury demons and as for Yaya, lol, I can just imagine what was going through his mind as he got that ball....''let me show them who the best player in the league is '' and did he just. Fantastic moment.

One more hurdle and we will then celebrate the fantastic job the players have done this season. The media tried to get into the players head with this FFP nonsense but they tossed that aside and let their desire and passion shine through. I can't stress how impressed I am with the players.

Bring on Sunday.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Very professional and patient performance.

You could sense the nerves in the crowd but the players didn't have any.

Not sure what the fuck villa were playing at with that performance. Time wasting and parking the bus when safe?

Zabaleta awesome but Yaya ran the show 2nd half.

Only Milner and Nasri a bit lacklustre tonight.
I thought Villa were brilliant and well marshalled. There's no way they could go toe to toe with us, so they used what they had effectively. Luckily for us, our patience and extra quality told in the end, Villa just did what they had to and we've just got to hold our hands up and say they played the best game they could for as long as they could.

dctid said:
Over riiding thought was thank fuck i aint a villa fan they were shite

Thought we were excellent

That was your overriding thought?

images

Plaything of the gods said:
Fookin magic!!!

Had to laugh at richard keys on the build up before the game they shown an interview with david silva and it ended with silva saying" lets make sure we bring the title back home".Then it went back to keys in the studio he smuggly said back home how many times have they won it!.Hate these city haters with a passion.

We have had Kompany, Silva, Yaya and Aguero on the pitch at the same time in the PL for a total of 216 minutes this season. I think we have done amazing to be where we are especially by constantly having games in hand and pressure to win them. Think it sums it up that Arsenal have thier usual 4th spot but more points than many a season. Top 3 ave done exceptional this year but waut till the grievers find out they ave to rotate next season with more than 1 game a week[/quote]

That's something the media have been slow to draw attention to in the last few weeks. When you add Nasri to that group (those front four are the orchestrators), it really highlights how hamstrung, no pun intended, we've been this year.

Blueband Brother said:
Great performance from the team today, like champions, they found their way through. Zabaleta was absolutely inspirational, Yaya kept probing to look for that key to unlock the stubborn Villa defense, Our defense were wise and solid and all in all the whole team played incredibly well. The manager probably deserves the most praise for his man management skills during half time to keep the players relaxed and continue with what they were doing as the break will come eventually which it did. He was also prompt and precise with his substitutions, which proved key.

Well done Pellegrini, well done the players. Dzeko did what he has always done for City- deliver when it matters and he is a world class striker, I am very excited about Jovetic as I really think he can develop into something special as long as he keees off the gnawing injury demons and as for Yaya, lol, I can just imagine what was going through his mind as he got that ball....''let me show them who the best player in the league is '' and did he just. Fantastic moment.

One more hurdle and we will then celebrate the fantastic job the players have done this season. The media tried to get into the players head with this FFP nonsense but they tossed that aside and let their desire and passion shine through. I can't stress how impressed I am with the players.

Bring on Sunday.

Mustard post.

Rednhappy said:
I'm a Liverpool fan and it's the first (and probably last!) time I have posted on here. I just wanted to say well done. I know there's a game to go and I won't lie and say I don't want West Ham to win but I honestly think you'll walk it. You also deserve the title. You've got the best team, squad, defender, midfielder and you will no doubt argue striker! You can score goals at will but are brilliant at defending when you need to. Pellegrini has won the war of words over Mourinho by keeping quiet and he seems a classy guy.

There are loads of Liverpool fans on the official site forum that respect you as a club. We just want to see good football and whilst there are some that come on here trying to wind you up the vast majority respect the way you play.

Anyway, well done.
Supporters' websites aren't the likeliest places to find balanced and fair mined opinions, as both Bluemoon and RAWK can show. But this bloke sounds more like most of the Scousers I've known in person around the world. So cheers to you, fella, we'll see how our teams do next season after Chelsea are done splashing the cash over the summer.

Rednhappy said:
I'm a Liverpool fan and it's the first (and probably last!) time I have posted on here. I just wanted to say well done. I know there's a game to go and I won't lie and say I don't want West Ham to win but I honestly think you'll walk it. You also deserve the title. You've got the best team, squad, defender, midfielder and you will no doubt argue striker! You can score goals at will but are brilliant at defending when you need to. Pellegrini has won the war of words over Mourinho by keeping quiet and he seems a classy guy.

There are loads of Liverpool fans on the official site forum that respect you as a club. We just want to see good football and whilst there are some that come on here trying to wind you up the vast majority respect the way you play.

Anyway, well done.

Fair play, but mourinho wasn't the only manager gobbing off.

Completely awesome. Was a bundle for an hour or so, then pure joy. Yaya has no equal in the league. Zaba at his marauding best. Great to see Jovetic on the scoresheet too: if he can avoid stretching, straining or breaking anything on his hols he can be class for us next season. Bring on Sunday ....

Dirty Harry said:
Rednhappy said:

Anyway, well done.

Very decent of you mate.

I second this.

I have a very good friend whom is a Liverpool fan. He text me to say he was off to bed at 2-0. I doubt he knows the final score as I haven't text him :) I don't do gloating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.