Villa post match thread

I've not got time to read the whole thread so if this has been asked and answered I apologise:

Who was the p...........erson in the CB stand who asked Stan Collymore to keep the noise down??? I know that people say that the CB stand is quiet and Collymore himself said that but for goodness sake, and apparently it wasn't a joke!!

Now we have been opened up to all the rags coming on and making fun of us again!!

I know I shouldn't be listening to Talkwhatsit but Radio Manchester was playing music and I couldn't be bothered retuning my radio for Radio 5!!!

Well below par team performance BUT 3pts is the maximum from any game & we got them! Tough luck on Villa! Crazy having 2 villa fans (in full colours) sat in 213 with the Blues which nearly turned ugly but for our winner! Well done STEWARDS! for not removing them> Tut Tut.

stan bowles said:
Tough on Villa that. They deserved at least a draw for the way they played today. It looked like two teams moving in opposite directions - they looked organised, eager, quick about the pitch and hardworking whereas we looked slow, predictable and often second best to the ball.

It was another lazy, sloppy performance. Starting Lampard and Yaya in the middle was a mistake. Delph and Grealish made them look like dinosaurs as they passed and moved the ball almost at will. When did Silva decide he doesn't have to tackle any more ? I saw him pull out of at least 2 tackles today. He wasn't like that last season. I thought he was poor again today. Why has Aguero stopped making runs to the near post ? Both Navas and Kolarov put decent crosses in today and I'm sure last season he'd have been on the end of some of them but he was stood still at the back post and Villa dealt comfortably with them.

A lucky win. One that shouldn't disguise the fact that the team is a million miles away from where it should be. More deadwood than the wreck of the Mary Rose and it needs clearing out. Oh and perhaps the players could check they have the right studs BEFORE the game started. The number of players slipping over at important times was embarrassing.

No they didn't. They were given the gift of an offside goal and the benefit of two stonewall pens against them not given.
We played poorly, but if anyone was harshly treated, it was City. It was not a lucky win, it was a deserved win. If Villa had taken anything from that game it would have been a travesty.

warringtonblue said:
jimmygrimblesboots said:
Job done , if that had been Mourinho , it would have been a great "win ugly" performance , but we get a load of criticism mainly from our own fans .If we finish top 3 , we have salvaged something from a very poor 2015 , we have set a very high standard over the last few years , and admittedly we have slipped below this in the last couple of months.
Despite UEFA's best efforts our club is going to be hugely successful over the next decade , so a couple of months of poor performances is not the end of the world , the main gripe is the attitude and application of some very good footballers , and that is definitely down to the management team , i really would like to see Klopp at the club , hes a proven winner and a passionate manager who gets the best out of his players. Two more wins guarantees champs league for a 5th season , and we need to sell the players who obviously do not want to play for the club or our manager , and bring in younger hungrier players and give some of youth players and players we have had on loan , a chance in pre season .

Klopp's certainly got the best out of Dortmund this season,

He has managed to win titles and cups with a club who have repeatedly sold his best players at the end of each successful season , you cant expect a manager to to compete every season under those circumstances .

The Northern Baptist said:
5948947 said:
Rag alert! Care to break down this billion we have spent in the transfer market?

sorry cant be arsed doing the research cause I'm a lazy twat but I'm sure its close to that

Don't go throwing round silly fucking numbers then unless you can back it up.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1718&teamTabs=transfers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd ... =transfers</a>

579 million in transfer fees since the takeover. God knows how much in wages, stadium expansion, fees for players we sold, manager fees, and the amount spent on developing the academy. I'd say it's well over a billion tbf, not a "silly fucking number" by any stretch.

A message to the poster that said the atmosphere was shit (can't remember their name): Kindly leave judging the atmosphere to those of us who attend every single home game, rather than those of us who "watch" the game from our cars.

MichaelBBack said:
5948947 said:
sorry cant be arsed doing the research cause I'm a lazy twat but I'm sure its close to that

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd?team_id=1718&teamTabs=transfers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd ... =transfers</a>

579 million in transfer fees since the takeover. God knows how much in wages, stadium expansion, fees for players we sold, manager fees, and the amount spent on developing the academy. I'd say it's well over a billion tbf, not a "silly fucking number" by any stretch.

So we are including the tea ladies wages now in our spend? fuck off

Just got back to my hotel. Christ, that was a pretty grim performance Lucky to scrape a win, but scrape one we did. File it away and move on. Come on Chelsea and Everton!

MichaelBBack said:

So we are including the tea ladies wages now in our spend? fuck off

We've spent no where near a fucking billion in the transfer market, its a very very raggy thing to say coming from a so called city fan

scousemanc said:
A message to the poster that said the atmosphere was shit (can't remember their name): Kindly leave judging the atmosphere to those of us who attend every single home game, rather than those of us who "watch" the game from our cars.
I fully admit I watch on television. That said, the atmosphere was fine on the television and definitely the least of our problems.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.