Villa post match thread

markblue said:
kupest said:
For all that taking apart of our team that people on here are on about I don't remember a single decent save from Joe Hart. Infact I don't remember a single shot where they went close per say.

Some drama queens on here kept on spouting how Villa is a tough game and we might lose/draw and when we won they are still unhappy about it.

And to people who keep on talking about how we were poor against Villa and a Tim Sherwood side, they beat Spurs and Pool last week and have scored 12 goals from 8 games under Sherwood, having scored 12 from 25 under Lambert. So obviously they are way better team now from what their league standings suggest.

joe made a good save after about 30 mins when a lucky rebound fell kindly fir Benteke .. Benteke looked offside (no surprise) and should have scored but good save by Hart .. only save I recall

How many great saves did their keeper have to make?

A win is a win but even the most blue tinted fan in the world can't be happy with the way we are playing.

wattle said:
cheddar404 said:
Words fail me for how poor that performance was. Inferior in every department to a side fighting relegation and managed by Tim Sherwood. We have serious problems.
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!

It's a fair point you make

Good catch The Northern Baptist..

To echo the thoughts of Len Rum, who the feck gave the orders to soak the pitch then gave the kit man orders for the players to wear Slippers? They need Feckin..
Two nailed on penalties not given and another offside goal given also to add to our tally. Who was it who said they even themselves out over the season? He must have been some right cheating bastard because that Mr Even keeps putting two fingers up towards us..

Should I stay or should I go Joe had a mare yesterday but made some good saves also so will let him off..
Kolarov MOTM a goal and an assist, right choice IMO the way the whole team played yesterday..

3 Points move on... Next!!

wattle said:
cheddar404 said:
Words fail me for how poor that performance was. Inferior in every department to a side fighting relegation and managed by Tim Sherwood. We have serious problems.
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!

It was a terrible performance. The only positive being that we somehow managed to win. If you're happy enough with our team wandering around on the pitch looking like complete strangers, then good for you. Villa looked like they wanted it more than us which has happened far too often this season.

wattle said:
cheddar404 said:

I have been supporting City since my Dad took me to Maine Road at age 10 (West Ham, midweek, 1-1 since you ask). I have posted a few times but have been pretty upbeat. After all, I remember the dross of the past all too well, as well as the good times (yes kids, Colin Bell really was that good). I am now very alarmed by what I am seeing. At times yesterday, we made Villa look like Barca. We won because we got lucky against a dreadful defence.

We have a management team who are not leveraging the huge advantages that we have been given. We failed FFP despite trying hard to comply. As a result, we got the same sanctions as PSG, who basically ignored the regulations and built a squad of A list players. We have brought in a succession of C list players ourselves, and topped it with a C list manager. I worked for a huge multinational and can assure you that failure such as this normally leads to senior staff having their futures liberated. Senior guys don't get sacked, they are asked to look elsewhere for employment.

The youth set up is hugely impressive and will hopefully pay off in the future but so far has given us nothing at all apart from a couple of cameos from promising players. If we don't have better youngsters than what we saw from the seniors against Villa then God help us.

I have often read posts on here asking if we are dining at the top table. The answer is clearly no. We keep asking ourselves if we are are competing with the European top 3. We are barely keeping up with the Premiership top 3.

The answer is surely either to join the elite by buying a team with a core of Galacticos (it is what the top sides do) or introduce some passion and be true to our heritage. Klopp would do that and he would play the youngsters too. We will never know if they are good enough until we give them game time.

Finally, the reason the atmosphere is poor is because we are not exciting to watch and player lethargy transmits itself to the crowd. It is going to be a very important summer.

Rant over.

Villa are now managed by a man who knows the game and has a passion for the job, hence they are a vast improvement on the dross that normally pitches up at our gaff, but having said that, lampard starting ahead of anyone is beyond my comprehension.

Three important points given the dippers result.

The match was memorable for Grealishes socks, back in the day when I played you had to wash your own kit. looks like he had put his socks on boil wash and they shrunk.

Some fans near the front in 106 spend all the game moaning about Kolarov (whether he is playing or not) . Someone shouted at him "you are shit", he responded with "Fuck off". Don't know why some fans go to the game if they don't want to encourage the team?

HorlocksWalk said:

The match was memorable for Grealishes socks, back in the day when I played you had to wash your own kit. looks like he had put his socks on boil wash and they shrunk.

Some fans near the front in 106 spend all the game moaning about Kolarov (whether he is playing or not) . Someone shouted at him "you are shit", he responded with "Fuck off". Don't know why some fans go to the game if they don't want to encourage the team?
He is shit, though.

quiet_riot said:
HorlocksWalk said:

He is shit, though.
Fact.

i8rags said:
Villa are now managed by a man who knows the game and has a passion for the job, hence they are a vast improvement on the dross that normally pitches up at our gaff, but having said that, lampard starting ahead of anyone is beyond my comprehension.

Thought we should have let Frank Lampard go to NYCFC and gave B Zuc the rest of the season playing time.. I also thought we should have gave J Guidetti the 4th striker spot instead of spending 28 mil on Boney, but hey ho, that's what the bigwigs get payed for....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.