Villa post match thread

kupest said:
For all that taking apart of our team that people on here are on about I don't remember a single decent save from Joe Hart. Infact I don't remember a single shot where they went close per say.

Some drama queens on here kept on spouting how Villa is a tough game and we might lose/draw and when we won they are still unhappy about it.

And to people who keep on talking about how we were poor against Villa and a Tim Sherwood side, they beat Spurs and Pool last week and have scored 12 goals from 8 games under Sherwood, having scored 12 from 25 under Lambert. So obviously they are way better team now from what their league standings suggest.

joe made a good save after about 30 mins when a lucky rebound fell kindly fir Benteke .. Benteke looked offside (no surprise) and should have scored but good save by Hart .. only save I recall

markblue said:
kupest said:
For all that taking apart of our team that people on here are on about I don't remember a single decent save from Joe Hart. Infact I don't remember a single shot where they went close per say.

Some drama queens on here kept on spouting how Villa is a tough game and we might lose/draw and when we won they are still unhappy about it.

And to people who keep on talking about how we were poor against Villa and a Tim Sherwood side, they beat Spurs and Pool last week and have scored 12 goals from 8 games under Sherwood, having scored 12 from 25 under Lambert. So obviously they are way better team now from what their league standings suggest.

joe made a good save after about 30 mins when a lucky rebound fell kindly fir Benteke .. Benteke looked offside (no surprise) and should have scored but good save by Hart .. only save I recall

Yup remember that, but Benteke was miles offside and if that would have gone in I don't fault any manager or player. Joe had a long range save that is all I remember. My point being for all that carving apart/dominating that Villa did for 70 odd minutes they did not give Joe anything to worry about. Mind you if the ref correctly gives the 2 pens and the offside for the first goal, I don't think Villa would be scoring 1 or us scoring just 3.

Two positives from the game.

1. Three points.
2. It's another game closer to Pellers being given the boot.

mosssideblue said:
Cheesy said:
Two positives from the game.

1. Three points.
2. It's another game closer to Pellers being given the boot.

You may have to accept disappointment as I am now thinking he will be here next season.

Still a game closer to being given the boot ;-)

Unfortunately, think you may be right about next season :-(

I don't think it gets mentioned enough but I think if you laid out our best players compared to the rest of the top clubs, our players have played a hell of a lot more games than the rest.

Last year we won the double and had a decent run in the FA Cup.
Following season is a World Cup year in which:
3 key players went all the way to the final
1 3rd place game
Kompany's Belgium had a decent run.
Then you take all the drama from end of season Yaya that bled into the WC... AND the Ivory Coast won the entire African Cup of Nations in the middle of our season. (Bony much of a non factor for us since purchase bc of this/injuries.)
Mix in the international pre season friendlies, community shield, needless Dubai trip.. This schedule has been pretty brutal.

I believe it was in the MEN that mentioned we have another crazy pre season schedule before our Argentine players are off to Copa America before NEXT season.

When you put this all into perspective, it's pretty amazing that we are still fighting strong but we gotta look a overall fatigue as being a major factor in these poor performances.

cheddar404 said:
Words fail me for how poor that performance was. Inferior in every department to a side fighting relegation and managed by Tim Sherwood. We have serious problems.
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!

wattle said:
cheddar404 said:
Words fail me for how poor that performance was. Inferior in every department to a side fighting relegation and managed by Tim Sherwood. We have serious problems.
Words fail me how poor some of our fans are. Inferior in every department to true fans of sides of recent past past fighting relegation and managed by ball, peace, neal, Clark etc. They have serious spoilt brat problems!!!!

After reading the last 2 pages of this thread i have to agree with wattle.

Bluekiwi said:
I thought we tried really hard today -------------------------- to lose the game.
Villa were in all sorts of disarray after they gifted us the opener, instead of going for the jugular we sat back and let them get their heads sorted.
How many times did one of our players slip, don't they have studs on their boots anymore. Perhaps we should stop watering the pitch on game day.
Why didn't Mike Dean give the penalty for the tug on Kun when the TV replays showed him with a clear view of the incident.
We played 45 minutes without Yaya and I don't think we missed him that much (I'm not having a go at Yaya just thinking that if he goes in summer we should be able to cope - just a different game plan needed).
Two wins for teams playing in royal blue tomorrow please.
Villa were slipping falling all over the place too. Definately a case of the pitch being over watered I think. Probobably a result of the temperature drop of 3 degrees as the cold front went over just before the game. Little or no pitch watering at HT so it was much better in the 2nd half.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.