Villa v City Post match Discussion thread

On a negative note, I feel today showed that Johnson is as good as he is ever going to get. I was screaming at him to take on the defender but he knew he doesnt have the pace to beat him. He can only perform if he's on the edge of the 18 yard box.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
shaun said:
We had to dig in,we looked knackered on the hour(even though on paper cruising) and better teams than that shower eg Sunderland will do us.

Knackered! You must be joking. A totally controlled professional away victory apart from a few nerves at the end. And allthat without relaly playing well.Brilliant 3 points
I am not really bothered about the performance level. And I am sure most blues aren't either.

Come back with the points and hopefully injury free.

We know City can play quality football. The question is can we hold our nerve. So far so good

Nelly's Left Foot said:
shaun said:
We had to dig in,we looked knackered on the hour(even though on paper cruising) and better teams than that shower eg Sunderland will do us.

Knackered! You must be joking. A totally controlled professional away victory apart from a few nerves at the end. And allthat without relaly playing well.Brilliant 3 points

Agreed total control apart from the desperation from villa in the last minute, the only thing was the margin of victory should of been bigger given our dominance
Very pleased.

Strange seeing so many home teams park the bus against us

Things could be looking very rosy after our next two league games. I fancy Norwich to beat Norwich if you know what I mean, and then I wouldn't fancy going to the lane at the moment. Forza Mancini and City.

maybe one of the worst games Milner has played in a City shirt. Not down on the player at all, we've all had one of those days, jsut couldn't put a foot right but put in a real shift as he always does.

People tend to be really down on AJ, thought he was pretty damn good today. Thing about AJ is he offers some pressure down the wings that really helped open the field up a bit today. Hit the post and didn't really beat his man as often as he can, but that kind of probing is just incredibly valuable regardless. Hard to argue the field was "open" when we struggled to score against a 4-4-2, but I really do think the attack was much better for the width today.

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Things could be looking very rosy after our next two league games. I fancy Norwich to beat Norwich if you know what I mean, and then I wouldn't fancy going to the lane at the moment. Forza Mancini and City.
LOL

Thought the ref had a good game. Not a difficult game to ref with no really tough calls but that has not stopped the other numpties in the past.

Best ref around at the moment. Surely someone will have to remind him of his responsibilities soon.

Sparkys-Army said:
My only niggle was that Lescott did some pointless long balls which gave the ball straight back to them during the game.
I think Barry and Milner was also guilty of this. Aguero at times looked to be getting frustrated. Don't bash me for saying this because i am aware of how great the pair i just mentioned have been playing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.