Villa v City Post match Discussion thread

Villa truly are shocking. McLeish is a joke of a manager, terrible starting line up.

Villa were so bad you should have beaten them by 4 or 5. Nervy end, excellent from Hart

Soulboy said:
Briliant result.

Hugely disappointing performance.

But results win you trophies while performances only win praise.

But when the final whistle simply brings relief rather than joy against a shit team like Villa you know all is still not as it should be.

60% possession

3x the chances than them

Away from home

We have been spooky if that's now disappointing

Chris Coleman just described City's performance as very comfortable and relaxed only getting into 4/5th gear and not needing to change up a gear, what fooking car does he drive?

baldybouncer said:
Hart Dog said:
Mancini's tactics nearly cost us the game, why bring on dzeko in the 88th minute when Villa are having their strongest spell? - talk about motivating the opposition.

Then Bobby brought on Micah when the danger had passed!

Definately a lucky win. Thanks to Joe.

Good to be back on top!

Do you know anything, absolutely anything, about football?

I know enough to spot a bad substitution when i see one, Micah should have been on first, then Dzeko if at all.

The Bobster should have revived his defensive substition tactic at 88 minutes - especially as Villa we're playing their strongest stuff at that time.

Anyway, i'm just saying it was a let off, and personally i would have brought Micah on first to strengthen the back.

However...Forza Mancini Forza Hart

Exactly what we needed. Grinding a victory against a decent away side while showing that we can get the clutch goal down the stretch of this title run.

Only concern I have was Vinnie's performance today. Timing seemed a bit off and his distribution was unusually poor. Probably can thank the FA for causing the rust, and I hope that he can get back his previous form over the next couple of home games against inferior sides to be ready for away to Swansea and Chelsea home. He will need to be massive in those games.

Nevertheless important win and great team performance.

Re: Villa v City Post match Discussion thread

jimharri said:
omcfc said:
Hate to say it but the Rags would have gone on to win that 0-2.
And?

Actually as a previous poster said they won 0-1 at Villa Park too. I'm just not happy, personally spaeking, with the philosophy of sitting on a 0-1 lead when you are obviously dominating a game as it runs the risk of an equaliser. It doesn't matter today, but it could cost us in future. It'd be a shame to come this far and be our own downfall.

RichieTHFC said:
Villa truly are shocking. McLeish is a joke of a manager, terrible starting line up.

Villa were so bad you should have beaten them by 4 or 5. Nervy end, excellent from Hart

Ha ha , don't crick your neck

Great result. Totally dominant performance although when you have so much of the ball you have to create more clear cut chances

Villa were predictably very defensive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.