Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

jaigurugoat said:
Pellegrini not at fault today, individual errors cost us the match. The first mistake was the linesman allowing Villa's goal when it was offside. Hart could have done better on the free kick, his positioning was all wrong. The third goal was a horrendous mistake by the two centre backs and again I thought Hart could have done better. These sort of things are outside his control.

I would not have started Negredo and Dzeko together. Having said that we still had enough chances to have won the match comfortably.
Good post. It was bad positioning by Hart, even so I doubt he would have saved it.

argyle said:
bluevengence said:
A big fook off FLUKE....onwards and upwards

A fluke would be to let in one or two goals, not three.

-- Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:15 pm --

bluevengence said:
A big fook off FLUKE....onwards and upwards

A fluke would be to let in one or two goals, not three.

I agree with bluevengance. It's a freakish result and we should be careful not to overreact.
It'll get better. These things have a way of balancing out. Wait and see, there'll be some other game where we sneak a win that we scarcely deserve. That's just the way of it.

I'm not quite sure how we lost that one.

Have to say the winner came from thetwo centre-backs being up at the half-way line. AVB abandonned the high-line for the Premiership due to the teams hitting on the break and not worrying about keeping possession.

I've predicted this sort of thing was likely to happen.

We've probably dominated possession about 75/25 in our favour and ad 13 corners. They've hit us on the break 3 times and scored.

In truth though we should have buried them. We squandered a lot of chances around ther box and definitely a few didn't have their shooting boots on, or heading heads on in Dzekos case - he could have scored a hat-trick.

Yaya was immense today and I feel sorry for him. To dominate like that and come away with nothing must be soul-destroying. I'm starting to see how the Gooners have been feeling over the years.

The positives - we looked good and dominated the villans' asses all day........But still somehow managed to lose.

Suppose you just have to hand it to the villans. They weathered a huge storm, were completely outclassed, dug deep, hung on for grim life and never gave up. In the end they were helped by some clumsey defending but they took their few chances and we squandered most of ours.

Eeza football.

Its worrying we let in 3 in without benteke and Gabriel Agbonlahor ...n its good we have good away games coming up in next few weeks...better we solve this early before xmas

Train said:
Caveman said:
The Man With The Stick said:
How can anyone blame Pelli for some daft mistakes by the players and officials?
poor substitutions.

Nasri wouldn't have prevented Nastasic from conceding the free, nor would he have had anything to do with Kompany and nastasic's fuck up...

Fuck me. Sometimes I give up...

The changes the manager made completely changed the shape, formation and tactics of the team.
Do that when we are 2 or 3 goals up but not when he did away from home FFS.

the most frustrating thing this season is that if we hit the ground running in these first 6 games we would clear at the top of the league, comfortably ahead of our main rivals.

We've missed a trick

Unbelievably unlucky today, and it wasn't meant to be (especially the officials being rag fans and still smarting from last week!).

Ask yourselves this, would you swap places with the rags at the moment?, I now I certainly wouldn't.

That performance and result reminded me of when, jihai sun scored the own goal v Middleborough, that was their only shot as we dominated from start to finish.

Eez footie I'm afraid, so chin up and man the fuck up, some of you.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Caveman said:
The Man With The Stick said:
How can anyone blame Pelli for some daft mistakes by the players and officials?
Wrong team selection, naïve tactics away from home again, poor substitutions. If these things are right, we might have been a few goals up and not have had to worry about other factors.

we battered them, we just didnt take our chances. Dont really see what else pelle could have done

It's not that though is it....we scored twice and against Villa and Cardiff that should easily be enough. Conceeding 3 stupid goals in both games is the problem and it's just not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.