Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
jaigurugoat said:
Pellegrini not at fault today, individual errors cost us the match. The first mistake was the linesman allowing Villa's goal when it was offside. Hart could have done better on the free kick, his positioning was all wrong. The third goal was a horrendous mistake by the two centre backs and again I thought Hart could have done better. These sort of things are outside his control.

I would not have started Negredo and Dzeko together. Having said that we still had enough chances to have won the match comfortably.
Good post. It was bad positioning by Hart, even so I doubt he would have saved it.

Correct, but you can't argue with the facts!

The game was lost in the first half.

It is all about goals, this is what decide games, not possession or a bunch of half chances and poor final balls.

We need to learn how to play with a high tempo away from home. Villa offered absolute nothing today, particularly in the first half and we were offered a lot of space to operate but we failed to capitalize and went through the motions.

So all those saying that we played well really need to reconsider.

It is a bad day and a bad result. Throwing away points like this is not stuff of champions.

Frustrating, but a better performance than the other 2 aways.

Positives
1. On our day we are probably the best of the bunch.
2. Nobody else is setting the league on fire
3. If Pellers can sort out our consistency then we are still in with a shout.

Lets hope we can react and get a point or 3 against Bayern. I do think this year will be our best CL performance to date.

CITYBOY1000 said:
I'm not quite sure how we lost that one.

Have to say the winner came from thetwo centre-backs being up at the half-way line. AVB abandonned the high-line for the Premiership due to the teams hitting on the break and not worrying about keeping possession.

I've predicted this sort of thing was likely to happen.

We've probably dominated possession about 75/25 in our favour and ad 13 corners. They've hit us on the break 3 times and scored.

In truth though we should have buried them. We squandered a lot of chances around ther box and definitely a few didn't have their shooting boots on, or heading heads on in Dzekos case - he could have scored a hat-trick.

Yaya was immense today and I feel sorry for him. To dominate like that and come away with nothing must be soul-destroying. I'm starting to see how the Gooners have been feeling over the years.

The positives - we looked good and dominated the villans' asses all day........But still somehow managed to lose.

Suppose you just have to hand it to the villans. They weathered a huge storm, were completely outclassed, dug deep, hung on for grim life and never gave up. In the end they were helped by some clumsey defending and a bent linesman but they took their few chances and we squandered most of ours.

Eeza football.

Sorry but edited for accuracy

LoveCity said:
We're only 3pts off the top, 5pts if Arsenal win and adding Ozil won't solve Arsenal's embedded mentality of bottling it. It'll require a few more signings for Arsenal to come close to winning the league, IMO. No excuses for today, but considering our wretched away form we are quite well placed.

Agreed. Hope we can get by until January while staying within striking distance, then we can solve some of these problems we neglected in the summer.

On;y a bunch of fools would have lost that game ......

Villa couldn't have complained if they'd lost 8-0!

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Eaglechief said:
Chippy_boy said:
Will you just FUCK OFF with this Mancini bollocks. He is gone get fucking over it.

I will not stop reminding all those TWATS who thought Mancini being sacked was a good thing for this club, it wasn't at I will remind all the DICKHEADS at the end of the season, when we've fook all under Pelligrini.

Who gives a fuck about mancini right now !!!!!! move on
If 'move on' is a euphemism for 'fuck off' then this.

TGR said:
Train said:
Nasri wouldn't have prevented Nastasic from conceding the free, nor would he have had anything to do with Kompany and nastasic's fuck up...

Fuck me. Sometimes I give up...

The changes the manager made completely changed the shape, formation and tactics of the team.
Do that when we are 2 or 3 goals up but not when he did away from home FFS.

We lost by individual errors from our CB's.

Something is seriously wrong with our defense. Three goals - that is over too much for this kind of match and against oposition like this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.