Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

taconinja said:
I'm going to say something controversial and possibly silly. I'll take my lumps for it and probably deservedly so...

but I think the manager should have brought Garcia on when we had the lead instead of Jovetic and dropped us into a 4-3-3 with Garcia shielding the back. Wouldn't be pretty but it's a job he can do. Same as Barry would have done.

Roberto?

Train said:
TGR said:
Train said:
Nasri wouldn't have prevented Nastasic from conceding the free, nor would he have had anything to do with Kompany and nastasic's fuck up...

Fuck me. Sometimes I give up...

The changes the manager made completely changed the shape, formation and tactics of the team.
Do that when we are 2 or 3 goals up but not when he did away from home FFS.

We lost by individual errors from our CB's.

Don't let the facts get in the way of a chance to be hysterical (not saying TGR is being hysterical).

Fluke result.

1st goal was offside, poor defending and he tucked it away. 2nd goal was a stupid foul and a great free kick, 3rd goal....WTF? Didn't deserve to lose, but that's football.

Yaya is possibly the best midfield player in the league. Nasri looked good.

Was reminded that Nastasic is only 20 years old. His worst match. Played a part in all 3 of their goals.

Milner...well WTF? I can't figure this guy out, last match he was amazing, today whoever said "headless chicken" got it spot on.

Train said:
TGR said:
Train said:
Nasri wouldn't have prevented Nastasic from conceding the free, nor would he have had anything to do with Kompany and nastasic's fuck up...

Fuck me. Sometimes I give up...

The changes the manager made completely changed the shape, formation and tactics of the team.
Do that when we are 2 or 3 goals up but not when he did away from home FFS.

We lost by individual errors from our CB's.
This was a step up in our general performance level compared to our other away games. Play like that and concentrate and we will win

2 freak results? Are you having a laugh?

In the context of a half billion pound FIRST TEAM against a bunch of total nonentities , ahead TWICE!!! with 70% possession , that is an inept a performance as you will ever see
I am fookin seething
Pellegrini stood fookin clueless on that touch line - his body language was that of a man out of his depth. I feared this from the off. He doesn´t understand the PL and the owners have put all our eggs in the CL basket. We WON´T qualify for the CL with those types of displays. Get it into your heads.
I wanted a change but I NEVER wanted this guy- He is far too nicey fookin nicey for this league
He reminds me of Woy but at least Woy won stuff
Call this knee jerk or whatever you want but if you really think that was acceptable and you want to come up with excuses then you do that
Last week was a fookin waste of time
Scandalous second half
MP won´t last till xmas but the damage has already been done - the league has gone south and may stay there for many years to come - we have blown our chance spectacularly

Beat Chavs , Spuds , dippers 1 and 2 away? You´ve got to be fookin joking

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
dave bacuzzi said:
This manager is trying to keep everybody happy and that is the problem. Dzeko and Negredo together is ridiculous. Kolarov instead of Clichy
is bollocks. Pantillimon should be in for Hart who saves nowt and is becoming an unlucky goalkeeper with terrible body language.

yes, but what is the point of having a big squad when you arent gonna utilise them ???? The squad would be unhappy, with players not playing

Im sorry but wtf did Hart do wrong today, terrible defending from kompany and nastasic was the reason we lost
His distribution was slow. That's not saying he did a bad job mind. He certainly didn't cause our CBs to fall apart.

One question I have -
Would Barca, Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Juve or for that matter Arsenal, Spurs or Chelski have lost a game such as this especially after leading twice?
Answer - NO

Games against this opposition away from home must be won on a regular basis.
Most of the above teams would have won by 3 or 4 goals at a canter.

I'm afraid we are just not good enough yet!

We appear to be top scorers, yet have lost a third of our league fixtures already ....... something's not right ,is it?

I think most of us were scratching our heads when the boss picked both Dzeko and Negredo to start the game. There was no rhythm between the two of them. After that we had 18 shots to their 5, 13 corners to their 2, 67% possession to their 33%.

90% of games are won with stats like that. Having said that replacing Nasri was a critical decision. In recent games he has worked a lot in midfield, apart from his attacking qualities. It was a case of having one eye on Wednesday night, when really we weren't in a position to do that although leading by a goal.

So I think Pellers did make mistakes. Firstly by playing the two big units up front, and then taking Samir off.

Despite that we should have won the game by 3 or 4 goals. There was a real air of complacency, and given our recent results there was no justification for it.

I also was half hoping that he would play Lescott ahead of Nasty. You can see that there are times where Nasty's inexperience emerges.

Despite our dominance we didn't really create that many really decent chances. Both goals were from corners, the first their keeper probably should have saved and the second was a bit lucky off Dzeko's shoulder. A couple of deflected efforts that went wide but I don't remember their keeper having to make many good saves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.