Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

To be honest I think Kolarov is too slow to get back to defend. yes he puts good crosses in, but we need someone solid at the back and I would choose Clichy anyday over him even after the performances he gave, cause most have been in the opponents half and not ours. He is easily out run by everyone.

dr mcfc is mine said:
Come on guys...bad result..YES...end of the world...NO...would you prefer to be 5th 3 points off top or sitting in 12th like davey's delightful clowns

Why do some people always seeking solace in Utds results, I don't give a stuff what they do or where they are in the league, yes we are better than them.....so what, we have all known that for a while, what we want is some consistency because that's what brings trophies, I'm much more concerned that by the end of business today we could be 5 points adrift of the top place in the league..........worried yes but only a little.

Armaan said:
The only game against a top team we've had so far is United and were dropping so many vs average sides. It really is worrying considering Villa had both Benteke and Agbonlahor missing. Very little margins for error now if were to win the title, don't think we will come close this year though we need to make sure we get the top 4 because at this rate even that will be a tough ask.
Agree with this, we have barely played any top sides, and certainly not away from fortress. The brain dead rags have been clinging to the fact that their poor start is a lot down to the fact they have played most of the top teams, Whats our excuse? Sorry we should be taking a minimum of seven from away games against C/diff Stoke and Villa. We have taken ONE.

black mamba said:
We appear to be top scorers, yet have lost a third of our league fixtures already ....... something's not right ,is it?

-- Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:30 pm --

We appear to be top scorers, yet have lost a third of our league fixtures already ....... something's not right ,is it?

We've conceded some horrible goals, mostly thanks to individual errors by talented defenders.

kupest said:
To be honest I think Kolarov is too slow to get back to defend. yes he puts good crosses in, but we need someone solid at the back and I would choose Clichy anyday over him even after the performances he gave, cause most have been in the opponents half and not ours. He is easily out run by everyone.
If our flanks had been responsible for any of the goals, I might concede your point.

robertsuki said:
One question I have -
Would Barca, Madrid, Bayern, PSG, Juve or for that matter Arsenal, Spurs or Chelski have lost a game such as this especially after leading twice?
Answer - YES OFCOURSE THEY HAVE

blueinsa said:
3 points off top.....just 3!

That's not the point is it really?

Imagine we are 3 points off the top at the end of the season yet have the best goal difference....I think we may well look back at the Cardiff and villa games and think what a joke throwing 6 points away from winning positions with 20 mins to go in each.

It's piss poor whichever way you want to dress it up.

blueinsa said:
3 points off top.....just 3!

More importantly, if we see chelsea and the scum as our likely rivals for the title, we are 1 point behind one of them and 3 clear of the other.

No-one likes to lose but it's very early in the season to get hysterical.

Issues after that :

1. Most of our play was excellent - tempo,passing, movement. Villa were so frightened of us they were there for the taking and scoring only one goal in such a one-sided first 55 mins is not good. Edin was not clinical today and had so many chances but fluffed. Alvaro was unable to get on the end of things as Edin took the space he likes to be in . Negrado's link up play was superb and going forward he must play with Sergio or up top alone allowing Silva or Jovetic to come in. This would give us more movement and a better balance

2. Villa are very poor. They continually pumped the ball forward and had to rely on our centre backs poor positional play to allow them time to score. I am glad that I don't support such a poor team.

3. When we needed to chase the game all the play seemed to end up at either Kolarov or Milner who wasted it by running into a dead end or playing the wrong pass. I wish they would run directly inside rather than try to get past in limited space and four times the ball went straight out for a goal kick.

4. Nasri was taken off due to him being so frustrated by Villa's tactics (falling down when we went near or leaving feet in on a tackle) Samir was already booked and could have lost his head. Manager was right.

My only problem was the performance of Edin and James today not good enough and they must now by considered reserves! Only good thing is we lost only minimal ground but lost opportunity to keep momentum going. A bit peed off but I will be there shouting for the boys on Wed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.