Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

The Future's Blue said:
Is this our worst start for a while? I don't remember dropping as many points at this point since Hughes took over and his squad was far inferior.
A third of the available points gone already (8 out of 24), all away from home. And the problem with that is that, having such (let's face it) piss poor away form does put immense pressure on us to keep performing at home.

Gutted, terrible result made worse by the fact we once again dominated possession without putting the game to bed. The more things change, the more they stay the same.
It's times like this I'm gutted I haven't got neighbours because I'd be after kicking their (imaginary) cat about now!

Eaglechief said:
waspish said:
Eaglechief said:
HA HA HA, Billy Shears (or whatever your real name is) you are a prized PLONKER. Go and give your head a WOBBLE if you think this team is achiveing a "holistic" approach.

We've gone backwards under this PLONKER of a manager.

Twice we've led away from home (Cardiff and Villa) and twice he made an attacking substitution instead of a defensive midfielder to protect the lead, the end result we've got 0 points from both games.

This guys cavalier and is clueless mark II.

Don't know yet if he is clueless mark 2 it's to early lets see if he learns and improve our defence because that's Main worry crap defence = no trophies

OK Waspish, I must I am being quite harsh in describing Pelligrini as Clueless Mark II, but under him we've clearly lost that "winning" mentality which took Mancini at least a year and half to achieve.

Pelligrini has a lot to do to turn this around. Can you honestly say before each game now, that we are almost certain to win the game? I know I don't feel that right now.

All of Mancini's hard work to instil that rare winning mentality has been smashed to pieces in only 6 league games under this PLONKER!
RM didnt display too much of that "winning mentality" last season did he, that said an RM team WOULD NOT have conceded 3 at Cardiff or Villa. I trust MP to get it right but if were to mount a title challenge, this has to be THE LAST slip up against supposed weaker opposition and to compensate for the lost 8 points we really should be securing (v cardiff stoke & av) we definitely now require points in some of our tougher away fixtures. We cannot and should not be losing these games if we are to mount a challenge.

Tarlos Kevez said:
The game should have been dead & buried within the first half hour.

Joe Hart's stance was like a lamppost for their 3rd and he was as mobile as one for their 2nd. But discounting the officials preference for the home team, I was more than concerned about Kompany & Nastastic playing like they'd just met each other.

Today was a fluke, but away wins at places like Villa & Cardiff are mandatory if we are serious about winning the league. Newcastle won at Villa Park 2 weeks ago against a Villa team with Benteke.

Not good enough City, we need to put these types of teams to bed early.
Sums it up for me.
Well said.
:(

OB1 said:
For most of today's game we were demonstrating progress.

Their first goal was offside. We made two mistakes in the course of two minutes relatively late in the game, one a needless foul, and threw the game away.
Pretty much sums it up, we dominated but individual errors cost us. Learn and move on, if Swansea take points off arsenal then we've not lost too much ground but it adds pressure for us to beat the other title contenders.

didn't Bobby Manc get to Xmas before his first away defeat last season? Lost 4 away in the league all season.........the new manager has some work to do to live up to the same standard let alone improve us......

Those who are not concerned about today's result should really think hard.....losing against shit team when leading by a goal should be big concern....question will be asked and there are plenty of flaws both with management and the players

Free kick down the middle and stands to the left of the goal inviting a shot to the right.
Joe hart the myth. New keeper in january me thinks.

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
cleavers said:
What baffles me, is that people don't see these results as possible, its predictions 3-1, 4-0, 5-0 every week, and then when its not, they need the Samaritans to get over it. Villa have already won at Arsenal, so are no mugs, sure we shouldn't have lost today, but we did, its not excatly the first time that this has happened to City.

Our away form needs sorting out however, but that's been true since before Hughes got the sack, it wasn't great then, it wasn't great even when we won the league, and its still not great.

1 from 9 against Cardiff, Stoke and Villa. "Still not great" is quite generous I think.
Probably, but we got 0 from Sunderland, Southampton, and Everton last year, and much the same the year before, as I said it needs sorting, but its not just Pellegrini's team is it ? The one thing connecting these poor results is the players, and many of todays team are the same as they were last year.

Another comment from Trevor Francis, which I thought a little harsh today, was that some City players are fragile mentally. This is something that has concerned me for awhile. I said it earlier in the thread but we should have been more composed after we went 3-2 down. We didn't come back at them enough after that. We should have shaken off their goals and produced an onslaught.

Agree, 1 point from Villa, Cardiff and Stoke away is not top 4 form. 2 of the games we took the lead in but threw it away. Away form has been a concern for years and our inability to kill teams off when dominant and missing chances has cost us again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.