Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Feeling really down now especially after the fantastic derby performance, I'm not bothered that Utd lost and frankly, I'd rather the both of us had won today as I hate losing. To have taken one point from 9 against the relative drivel we have played so far is not good and does not augur well for the months ahead. We seriously need to tighten up away from home as we are far too open. I was a bit alarmed when I saw us starting with both Edin and Negredo and obviously, with hindsight, we are all experts but I think starting with Negredo up front alone and having Jovetic in a free role behind him might have been a better option.
I'll be happier when Nastasic is out of the side as i just don't rate him, he's got that irritating habit of grabbing hold of people from behind and trying to hook his leg round to try and win the ball....a recipe for conceding too many fouls. Strange how we could look so strong in defence last Sunday and be such a shambles in the 2nd half today?
It's hard to see positives right now but it wouldn't surprise me if we beat Bayern on Wednesday. Ah well, all part of supporting the blues I guess and we should be used to it by now.

The cookie monster said:
Ducado said:
As another poster pointed out very wisely the other day

The mood swings in here are ridiculous, from ecstatic to rock bottom depression in one game
Just like last season and the season before

And many before that.

From the sounds it was a very different type of loss than the Cardiff one, but 1 from 3 winnable away games is title losing form.

Needs to be sorted soon.

waspish said:
We have 16 away games left with Liverpool Chelsea Everton scum Arsenal and spurs to play how many of those 16 games are we going to WIN!? to win the league I reckon we need to win at least 8 can't see it myself

Play like we did today, without giving daft free kicks away and committing unimaginably bad defensive errors, and we could win all 16

Some days you get the bear, and some days the bear gets you.

No problems today, it was as simple as "it wasn't our day". I saw little to potentially moan about.

n_mcfc said:
I'm still flummoxed the 2nd more than the third. Why give away the free-kick and why did we basically offer their player half of the goal from a central position?! Watch it again; Hart's too far over and his positioning is wrong. That's why he doesn't move. Literally. Fucking shocking!

Said that to my lad in the pub. Awful positioning by Hart.

Chippy_boy said:
cleavers said:
Ducado said:

The mood swings in here are ridiculous, from ecstatic to rock bottom depression in one game
What baffles me, is that people don't see these results as possible, its predictions 3-1, 4-0, 5-0 every week, and then when its not, they need the Samaritans to get over it. Villa have already won at Arsenal, so are no mugs, sure we shouldn't have lost today, but we did, its not excatly the first time that this has happened to City.

Our away form needs sorting out however, but that's been true since before Hughes got the sack, it wasn't great then, it wasn't great even when we won the league, and its still not great.

1 from 9 against Cardiff, Stoke and Villa. "Still not great" is quite generous I think.
Probably, but we got 0 from Sunderland, Southampton, and Everton last year, and much the same the year before, as I said it needs sorting, but its not just Pellegrini's team is it ? The one thing connecting these poor results is the players, and many of todays team are the same as they were last year.

Just to remind everyone of one big fucking factor today, was the officials. I don't know what we've done (i do )
to upset the people in charge of the game, but we are forever getting decisions against us and fuck all for.
Today first goal was offside and second was never a free kick Toure got the ball fair and square.

Blankomania said:
cleavers said:
Ducado said:

What baffles me, is that people don't see these results as possible, its predictions 3-1, 4-0, 5-0 every week, and then when its not, they need the Samaritans to get over it. Villa have already won at Arsenal, so are no mugs, sure we shouldn't have lost today, but we did, its not excatly the first time that this has happened to City.

Our away form needs sorting out however, but that's been true since before Hughes got the sack, it wasn't great then, it wasn't great even when we won the league, and its still not great.

Definitely the away form needs sorting out. But that was a definite improvement on the stoke and Cardiff games. Thought we played well and if it wasn't for some individual errors (officials included) we could have won. If we played like the previous games I would have worried, but we are improving..
Just how many Villa players could you name or had you heard of before? I counted 3
Improvement? As a team we played like horeshit. A TEAM attacks and defends together , as one - for a common goal
Watch Atletico tonight - they may not win but my god they paly as a team for each other with real purpose and total commitment. Too many of our players today thought it was a training match until of course it was too late. Christ I wish we had ·chollo" Simeone then we would be fookin unbeatable

Firasdo said:
Jojo and Navas couldn't give the team the addition we were waiting for, actually we played worse after making the subs.

We did, no doubt.

Can't blame the players for that though. Thought Jovetic should have started today - can't understand playing both Dzeko and Negredo. Daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.