Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

chicagoblues said:
Those who are not concerned about today's result should really think hard.....losing against shit team when leading by a goal should be big concern....question will be asked and there are plenty of flaws both with management and the players

You will not find one person on this forum who is not concerned, what you will find is a number of posters who prefer to be more measured both in defeat and victory!

Milner, Nasri and Dzeko shouldn't play for us again, time for Manuel to stamp his style on the team

League still there for the taking

Balti said:
didn't Bobby Manc get to Xmas before his first away defeat last season? Lost 4 away in the league all season.........the new manager has some work to do to live up to the same standard let alone improve us......

Move on. The club has.

Bellamyend said:
Milner, Nasri and Dzeko shouldn't play for us again, time for Manuel to stamp his style on the team

Surprised you're on here. David fucking Moyes PMSL.

jayblue said:
Free kick down the middle and stands to the left of the goal inviting a shot to the right.
Joe hart the myth. New keeper in january me thinks.
JH WILL be the best in the world, that said, he has problems, dunno if he is carried away with the hype but we dont need a Iker or Valdes or Buffon, Hart will start performing when he knows he is not safe. For me Costel is worthy of a run,

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
cleavers said:
What baffles me, is that people don't see these results as possible, its predictions 3-1, 4-0, 5-0 every week, and then when its not, they need the Samaritans to get over it. Villa have already won at Arsenal, so are no mugs, sure we shouldn't have lost today, but we did, its not excatly the first time that this has happened to City.

Our away form needs sorting out however, but that's been true since before Hughes got the sack, it wasn't great then, it wasn't great even when we won the league, and its still not great.

1 from 9 against Cardiff, Stoke and Villa. "Still not great" is quite generous I think.
Probably, but we got 0 from Sunderland, Southampton, and Everton last year, and much the same the year before, as I said it needs sorting, but its not just Pellegrini's team is it ? The one thing connecting these poor results is the players, and many of todays team are the same as they were last year.

Think that was over a season, I think we lost 4 away in total

BillyShears said:
Balti said:
didn't Bobby Manc get to Xmas before his first away defeat last season? Lost 4 away in the league all season.........the new manager has some work to do to live up to the same standard let alone improve us......

Move on. The club has.

The performance today was better than in 90% of our away games last season

A few things:

1. All in all, City were incredibly unlucky (offside goal, fortuitous long-ball);

2. We squandered a lot of chances in and around Aston Villa’s box. There is, I believe, a huge gulf in quality between the likes of Kolarov/Milner/Dzeko and Clichy/Silva/Aguero. Utd suffer from a similar problem in Midfield with players such as Anderson and Cleverley;

3. We did not do enough to harry/harass Villa’s attacking line. They were given way too much time on the ball. This is, I believe, the biggest reason for today’s gut-wrenching loss.

Compared to Nastasic, Demichelis will do a much better job of harrying the opposition.

Bellamyend said:

Nasri???? He's been superb for ages, including today. Talk about overreaction.

Yes Milner lacks quality and was tripe today but he works his socks off and is a good squad player. Dzeko is also fine as a 3rd or 4th striker. Would you rather rely on Danny allergic to goals Welbeck?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.