Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Nice quote by Pele
“I hope that some day we will win away because this is the third game we’ve played and we haven’t won any.

Yeah, some day would be nice!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
chicagoblues said:
Ducado said:
You will not find one person on this forum who is not concerned, what you will find is a number of posters who prefer to be more measured both in defeat and victory!
There are quite a few and there is a fine line between measured and ignorant .

You are the ignorant one sir. Calling people who happen to disagree with you.

He does that a lot and then bans you when he throws his teds out.
For a moderator to post last week "How are the nouveau outers feeling now" was clearly inflamatory. Skashion took him to task on it and he apologised.

Whatever anyone says this is a football forum and this thread is about todays performance. Freak result..not at all,a freak result is losing to a minnow in the cup etc not to a team who have lost all there games bar 1 and had there best player missing.
City clearly seem to think they can turn up,just dominate possesion and win when I'd rather be dominated and take all 3 points..just like Villa did today.
Pellegrini was shocking away from home for Malaga - Looks like he has brought that form with him.
The buck stops with both the players and the manager,he got his tactics bang on against plzen and united but fucked up by taking Nasri off today and starting with Negredo and Edin so yes he can be criticised.

blueinsa said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
bluemoonmatt said:
RM didnt display too much of that "winning mentality" last season did he, that said an RM team WOULD NOT have conceded 3 at Cardiff or Villa. I trust MP to get it right but if were to mount a title challenge, this has to be THE LAST slip up against supposed weaker opposition and to compensate for the lost 8 points we really should be securing (v cardiff stoke & av) we definitely now require points in some of our tougher away fixtures. We cannot and should not be losing these games if we are to mount a challenge.
Last chance saloon in terms of away form - for me it was today
One last chance - ONE!

Pellegrini wont sleep tonight knowing this ffs.

Mike Channon's Windmill might be Ferran Soriano.

Those that wonder why the violent mood swings on Bluemoon might do well to wonder why the violent form swings on the pitch. We played 2 of the best games I can remember in ages in this past week. Really stunning football. And then this. It is hard to take sometimes. It was much easier when we were consistently shit.

Six goals conceded in the space of 45 mins against 2 of the weakest sides we´ll face all season. Once with a makeshift back four once with our first choice

"Move along, nothing to see here.."

Yeah right!

mike channon´s windmill said:
bluemoonmatt said:
Eaglechief said:
OK Waspish, I must I am being quite harsh in describing Pelligrini as Clueless Mark II, but under him we've clearly lost that "winning" mentality which took Mancini at least a year and half to achieve.

Pelligrini has a lot to do to turn this around. Can you honestly say before each game now, that we are almost certain to win the game? I know I don't feel that right now.

All of Mancini's hard work to instil that rare winning mentality has been smashed to pieces in only 6 league games under this PLONKER!
RM didnt display too much of that "winning mentality" last season did he, that said an RM team WOULD NOT have conceded 3 at Cardiff or Villa. I trust MP to get it right but if were to mount a title challenge, this has to be THE LAST slip up against supposed weaker opposition and to compensate for the lost 8 points we really should be securing (v cardiff stoke & av) we definitely now require points in some of our tougher away fixtures. We cannot and should not be losing these games if we are to mount a challenge.
Last chance saloon in terms of away form - for me it was today
One last chance - ONE!

My biggest concern is that we seem very vulnerable at the back, we are simply too attack minded home and away. A more measured approach is needed when we are ahead for example.

We've only played one of the other top 5 teams so far, (and the scum are the weakest of that 5), this defence will give us all kittens when we come against better opposition, who will expose our defence mercilessly.

Maybe Aguero should always play... Messi and Ronaldo do except in really tiny cup games. There is an element of risk but he is our best striker by a margin.

i am sure manuel can only improve on this....was really better performance than the cardiff and stoke ones....but still 3 dropped points

also as others pointed the title winner will be getting a max of low 80s...will be close this

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.