Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
We're too open and we need to rein it in imo, it's tactical naivety and Pellegrini waits too long to sure things up or give us a different attacking threat.

It's not going to happen though ... Pellegrini simply isn't that kind of manager. He has his system, he's going to use it, and he certainly isn't going to change it because of today or because of Cardiff (where individual errors cost us more than anything else).

Making grand pronouncements about how we wont win the league etc are a bit pointless this early too. It's the most competitive PL ever IMO and everyone is going to drop points they shouldn't. I'd rather we keep scoring volumes of goals - the defending will improve.

Agree with you on this one. Im just hoping these are teething troubles. Still a tad disappointing though.

I'm not disappointed I'm fucking devastated. Supposed to be going out for dinner with friends tonight but I've just cancelled because of the foul mood I'm in. Losing in the manner we did is just so typically City it fucking hurts. However it's a long way from the crisis which is brewing in Salford.

Oh and for those people who keep saying "the rags aren't the benchmark" - they're the reigning champions, if they aren't, then no one is.

BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
We're too open and we need to rein it in imo, it's tactical naivety and Pellegrini waits too long to sure things up or give us a different attacking threat.

It's not going to happen though ... Pellegrini simply isn't that kind of manager. He has his system, he's going to use it, and he certainly isn't going to change it because of today or because of Cardiff (where individual errors cost us more than anything else).

Making grand pronouncements about how we wont win the league etc are a bit pointless this early too. It's the most competitive PL ever IMO and everyone is going to drop points they shouldn't. I'd rather we keep scoring volumes of goals - the defending will improve.

WOW! Talk about being utterly naive and complacent, all at the same time!

Carry on with this approach to games and we can kiss goodbye to the league and just focus on competing for the 4th place cup, it's the only "trophy" we'll be seeing under Pelligrini.

This game has really made rethink about being a football fan, it tends to do me more harm than good. It's a very flawed game, or maybe its just English football. The thing about this particular game that hurts most is that the rags were losing at home, and we are the ones that gave them some consolation. I thought the 4-1 was a great win, I was wrong, we only beat the rags coz they are playing shit. West Brom under their circumstances played a better game than we did against them and they did it at their own ground. If we cannot win away at villa, stock and cardiff what will we do when we visit Norwich, Swansea, the saints and other mid table teams, and those are just mid table, there is spurs, chelsea, liverpool,arsenal. Frankly speaking I don't see us finishing anywhere close to top four. Many here say its still early on in the season to be judgmental, thats what people said at cardiff, and at stoke, and I bet thats what they will be saying at westham next month, God forbid thats what some will still be saying at sunderland come November. It such times that I wish we could have people like Abramovich in the clubs top seat, coz pellagrini was a mistake and it takes certain kind of mindset to accept that fact and move quickly to rectify it, something I dont see the Arab owners doing. The messed up rags wont fire Moyes but they still got fergie, he could come in at any time and try to play a role in making his successor a success, who do we have? BOB ?

Goo said:
BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Agreed Billy.

I'd be more worried if Tottenham and Arsenal were replaced at the top by Chelsea and rags.

Both North London teams have mistakes in them and they will drop points, not to mention they still have to play us.

Chelsea and rags have historically been far more ruthless at the top when protecting their lead.

Don't panic blue's, because our play has clicked that's for sure. So fast paced, passing is good, and it will only get better.

Unlike Cardiff and Stoke we actually bossed this game and got very unlucky to drop any points! Next time they won't be so fortunate!

I think people are underestimating Arsenal this season. They look very polished so far. They have won 7/7 now including the penalty shoot out.

BillyShears said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

Agree with you on this one. Im just hoping these are teething troubles. Still a tad disappointing though.

I'm not disappointed I'm fucking devastated. Supposed to be going out for dinner with friends tonight but I've just cancelled because of the foul mood I'm in. Losing in the manner we did is just so typically City it fucking hurts. However it's a long way from the crisis which is brewing in Salford.

Oh and for those people who keep saying "the rags aren't the benchmark" - they're the reigning champions, if they aren't, then no one is.

really ??????????? how did you cope when we were shit

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Pellegrini doesn't react to the game or the opposition, he sits there like last sunday and lets them have a go and waits all day to make a change.

I'm far from convinced with a) his formation and b) his subs.

so what subs would you have used to prevent those 3 goals by a pretty fucking dire villa team?

maybe pellegrini should employ doris stokes so he could have taken off nastastic and kompany?

subs and formation had nothing to do with conceding 3 goals from a pub team missing their two best players

nope, I'd have played 1 up front as I think we're too open and susceptible to the counter-attack.

There was time in that match to plug the hole behind Yaya and Fernandinho and shut any hope of Villa getting back into it.

I'm sick of wing Milner and it's telling me a fair bit about Pelle that he's not recognised it's not his best position and stuck him in the middle.

Many top teams prove that you can create just as much if not more with 1 up front, sorry to sound anti-Mike Bassett but 4-4-fucking-2 has lead to 1 point out of 9 on the road. The 2 up front's problems are lessened with the work rate and desire of Aguero but Negredo and Dzeko means you have 2 lads who are going to sit up top and leave the other 8 to do the work going back and it caught us out.

The centre-backs need protection, even in the derby there was rushed clearances, too many last ditch interceptions or it being far too easy for United to get into decent areas.

Totally agree I said before the game that I would play an extra midfielder and just play with one out and put striker, but this is how Pelegrini sets his sides up be lucky to win 5 away games this season..

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
really ??????????? how did you cope when we were shit

By drinking a lot ... i'm older now though and would rather not end up an alcoholic because of the football team I support!

Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

To be honest, I didn't see him at Malaga as mentioned but at Villareal he seemed very able to change his tactical plan during the game.

He doesn't even know our team yet, let alone how they fit into his ideas tactically. This whole conversation is ridiculous for at least another 10 games.

It's not ridiculous to suggest that a manager, especially when as you said he's new and learning about our team and the league, with so much experience adapt his tactical to the fact we're 2-1 up and in control away from home after not winning our first 2 league games, particularly to sure it up to guarantee he builds on the good week we've had and to get us going away.

If he keeps wanting to bang the drum for attacking regardless then we have to deliver and win every game handsomely to prove it's worth, winning one, losing the next is not acceptable and he'll start to come under increasing pressure because regardless of wednesday we need to be ticking over in the league, getting to the top and cruising away winning comfortably every week like the top teams do.

To me it's tactical naivety and for him to prove otherwise requires us winning game after game in the league, and we're not doing, we're turning it on when we feel like it and fucking it up when we can't be bothered.

He has a lot to do, the players will make the effort on wednesday because it's Bayern. Pelle's best game so far was Plzen imo because of the mental obstacles we had to overcome from previous CL scars, he needs to find the league spark because we can't afford to drop many more points.

BillyShears said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:

I am really they've also cost me £284 in an 8 match accumulator. I don't usually back us as they could ruin my weekend twice over.
But, at 4/7 I thought i'm pinching money sure we will win ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.