Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

Blankomania said:
Even the villa fans are saying we played well and they were lucky to win. The neutrals are saying we played well and unlucky to win. But some of our "fans" are saying we played shit and aren't going to finish near the top four. Some of our fans make me wonder if they wstch the game before commenting. The forum really depresses me.,,

I thought we played well today but what some fans are taking into account is if we carry on as we are away from home winning the title is out the window also not picking up wins away from home puts a lot of pressure on our home form

hilts said:
rastus said:
hilts said:
ffs and how would that have prevented the two villa goals precisely? this was a shit villa team and we defended badly, this result had fuck all to do with subs and the manager

Well ffs at the time Milner was tiring down the right and a fresh Navas would bring them extra worries, Garcia in to ensure we dont get fucked over on a break. So a fresh attcking threat but sure up our DM, Thats what I thought at the time...but hey ho

i give up you are a football genius ala moyes, a fresh navas would indeed have prevented a long clearance from the goalie which our defenders fucked up, and garcia would have stopped nastastic giving away a silly foul, bang on

individual errors are not the fault of the manager unless it is a recurring theme by a certain player, we played well today so the boss is blameless, if our away form was generally okay today's result could be pot down to a glitch

Well thank you, but please dont give up.

we will pick up.... i have no doubts....they is just so much quality to not to do so

yes , when we bottled it last year...we did have the quality....but this time the rags , chelski and others are all in transition stages....so will be very open

gordondaviesmoustache said:
To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Still think we'll win it.

Quite enjoyed today? I can't get my head around that at all. I'm gutted.

We will be competing for the title every year having great cup runs and in the CL, we will probably win the title this year and even though i was after the Hull game im not even slightly worried about the top 4 anymore, today was a freak result and I've seen enough to make me think this manager will in time get it right, not that i think he got it wrong today.
We are very close to hitting the form of the start of the title winning season and thats with a new manager and 4 new signings, (no Silva)
no need to panic people FREAK RESULT

Damocles said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
To be honest, I didn't see him at Malaga as mentioned but at Villareal he seemed very able to change his tactical plan during the game.

He doesn't even know our team yet, let alone how they fit into his ideas tactically. This whole conversation is ridiculous for at least another 10 games.

It's not ridiculous to suggest that a manager, especially when as you said he's new and learning about our team and the league, with so much experience adapt his tactical to the fact we're 2-1 up and in control away from home after not winning our first 2 league games, particularly to sure it up to guarantee he builds on the good week we've had and to get us going away.

If he keeps wanting to bang the drum for attacking regardless then we have to deliver and win every game handsomely to prove it's worth, winning one, losing the next is not acceptable and he'll start to come under increasing pressure because regardless of wednesday we need to be ticking over in the league, getting to the top and cruising away winning comfortably every week like the top teams do.

To me it's tactical naivety and for him to prove otherwise requires us winning game after game in the league, and we're not doing, we're turning it on when we feel like it and fucking it up when we can't be bothered.

He has a lot to do, the players will make the effort on wednesday because it's Bayern. Pelle's best game so far was Plzen imo because of the mental obstacles we had to overcome from previous CL scars, he needs to find the league spark because we can't afford to drop many more points.

But this is all totally based in hindsight. His decisions have been based in common sense; perhaps he underestimated teams in the PL but his tactics have never been completely wrong

Or are you suggesting that Pellegrini's 5 decades in football including managing the biggest club in the world to their best ever points total is a bit naive when it comes you basic internet forum level tactical discussions?

It's based on what I saw during the game, I've not said he's got it completely wrong but I think he's making mistakes and isn't pro-active enough to keep us on top in games. He has a lot to learn which is natural when you move to a new league regardless of previous experience but to me it would be more sensible to err on the side of caution especially when ahead after not winning your first 2 away games than to just keep going at it with a very open formation and risk suffering counters which we did today.

I'm hoping after today that he realises Cardiff weren't a one-off and that this is the risk of playing away like this against mediocre teams. First half yes get on top dominate the play, move the ball quickly, 2 up top can be effective, it wasn't today because they didn't bag a couple but it has merit, especially with Aguero who gets himself more involved in the rest of the team play. However when 2-1 up and needing to see it out there are better tactical setups to use imo and Pelle needs to appreciate that I feel. That's just my thought process and if Pelle can turn round and we start playing his style but thumping teams home and away every week (with the odd allowance for a poor result) then great, but until the team have really grasped how to attack effectively and defend effectively with this open system there's no harm in suring things up just to get results at this early stage.

That's "all" my point is.

bluemc1 said:
We will be competing for the title every year having great cup runs and in the CL, we will probably win the title this year and even though i was after the Hull game im not even slightly worried about the top 4 anymore, today was a freak result and I've seen enough to make me think this manager will in time get it right, not that i think he got it wrong today.
We are very close to hitting the form of the start of the title winning season and thats with a new manager and 4 new signings, (no Silva)
no need to panic people FREAK RESULT

agreed!

Just got back from the game and it was an even worse experience considering I was sat in the Villa section. First half I thought we was excellent and were unlucky not to be 3 or 4-0 up. I thought we dropped of a little in the second half but were still in total control. Villa's first goal was a good yard offside and when they reshown the goal on the big screen even the Villa fans were saying it was well offside (not that they cared though). But we showed real character to get back in front and were still bossing the game.

Pellegrini made the right subs at the time IMO. Baring in mind we were bossing the game, play Bayern on Wednesday and Nasri was on a yellow card I think the decision to replace him was Navas was a good decision.

I didn't see the foul for Villa's free-kick although I have heard it was a soft decision but Hart should take blame for that goal. I might be being a bit to critical but the shot didn't have enough power to be unstoppable and it didn't go into an unreachable position. I think Hart got his angles wrong and if he would have dived for it like he did for Rooney's last week then he would have saved it.

Their third goal was an absolute joke from start to finish. Kompany and Nastasic should have dealt with it, no excuses. Then Hart made a howler again. I'm sorry but he has got to try and put pressure on the attacker or get into a good position and hope a defender can get back. He did neither he went to put pressure on him then left him to slide it past him.

Today has just been one of them days where luck was against us. If we play like that away from home against other teams then we will win a lot more than we lose.

hgblue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Still think we'll win it.

Quite enjoyed today? I can't get my head around that at all. I'm gutted.
I'm perfectly content to accept that we can't win every week. I thought it was a good game and bore all the hallmarks of a great English game of football.

And as I said, I still think we'll win the league.

Other posters never seem to have a positive thought about following this club. That is something I can't get my head round.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.