Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

rastus said:
hilts said:
rastus said:
Navas for Milner
Garcia for Negredo/ Dzeko
Thats when we were 2-1 up

ffs and how would that have prevented the two villa goals precisely? this was a shit villa team and we defended badly, this result had fuck all to do with subs and the manager

Well ffs at the time Milner was tiring down the right and a fresh Navas would bring them extra worries, Garcia in to ensure we dont get fucked over on a break. So a fresh attcking threat but sure up our DM, Thats what I thought at the time...but hey ho

i give up you are a football genius ala moyes, a fresh navas would indeed have prevented a long clearance from the goalie which our defenders fucked up, and garcia would have stopped nastastic giving away a silly foul, bang on

individual errors are not the fault of the manager unless it is a recurring theme by a certain player, we played well today so the boss is blameless, if our away form was generally okay today's result could be put down to a glitch

Other than Arsenal all the top rated teams seem to be having funny results and this IMO is to do with managers and players trying to work at new clubs/league.

Arsenal only sign 1 player and keep same manager and take the lead.

We will catch up as will the Rags and Chelsea

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
BillyShears said:
It's not going to happen though ... Pellegrini simply isn't that kind of manager. He has his system, he's going to use it, and he certainly isn't going to change it because of today or because of Cardiff (where individual errors cost us more than anything else).

Making grand pronouncements about how we wont win the league etc are a bit pointless this early too. It's the most competitive PL ever IMO and everyone is going to drop points they shouldn't. I'd rather we keep scoring volumes of goals - the defending will improve.

To be honest, I didn't see him at Malaga as mentioned but at Villareal he seemed very able to change his tactical plan during the game.

He doesn't even know our team yet, let alone how they fit into his ideas tactically. This whole conversation is ridiculous for at least another 10 games.

It's not ridiculous to suggest that a manager, especially when as you said he's new and learning about our team and the league, with so much experience adapt his tactical to the fact we're 2-1 up and in control away from home after not winning our first 2 league games, particularly to sure it up to guarantee he builds on the good week we've had and to get us going away.

If he keeps wanting to bang the drum for attacking regardless then we have to deliver and win every game handsomely to prove it's worth, winning one, losing the next is not acceptable and he'll start to come under increasing pressure because regardless of wednesday we need to be ticking over in the league, getting to the top and cruising away winning comfortably every week like the top teams do.

To me it's tactical naivety and for him to prove otherwise requires us winning game after game in the league, and we're not doing, we're turning it on when we feel like it and fucking it up when we can't be bothered.

He has a lot to do, the players will make the effort on wednesday because it's Bayern. Pelle's best game so far was Plzen imo because of the mental obstacles we had to overcome from previous CL scars, he needs to find the league spark because we can't afford to drop many more points.

But this is all totally based in hindsight. His decisions have been based in common sense; perhaps he underestimated teams in the PL but his tactics have never been completely wrong

Or are you suggesting that Pellegrini's 5 decades in football including managing the biggest club in the world to their best ever points total is a bit naive when it comes you basic internet forum level tactical discussions?

Even the villa fans are saying we played well and they were lucky to win. The neutrals are saying we played well and unlucky to win. But some of our "fans" are saying we played shit and aren't going to finish near the top four. Some of our fans make me wonder if they wstch the game before commenting. The forum really depresses me.,,

hilts said:
rastus said:
hilts said:
ffs and how would that have prevented the two villa goals precisely? this was a shit villa team and we defended badly, this result had fuck all to do with subs and the manager

Well ffs at the time Milner was tiring down the right and a fresh Navas would bring them extra worries, Garcia in to ensure we dont get fucked over on a break. So a fresh attcking threat but sure up our DM, Thats what I thought at the time...but hey ho

i give up you are a football genius ala moyes, a fresh navas would indeed have prevented a long clearance from the goalie which our defenders fucked up, and garcia would have stopped nastastic giving away a silly foul, bang on

individual errors are not the fault of the manager unless it is a recurring theme by a certain player, we played well today so the boss is blameless, if our away form was generally okay today's result could be pot down to a glitch

it's interesting how you take one sub and use it to prove it wouldn't have been right by judging their potential role on a goal they wouldn't have been able to influence as much.

i.e. Garcia could have had a far bigger role in the third goal in that little hole putting pressure on the flick and allowing a CB to drop back and cover.

Different subs could have made a whole different impact on the game that would have changed the build-up into those incidents so they never occurred obviously, hindsight is beautiful but we can only say what we see, and I saw an opportunity to sure the game up when we were ahead and like last sunday when Pellegrini allowed United to bring on Cleverley and dominate the midfield for 20 minutes putting us under unnecessary pressure till he brought Milner on.

Yes we were 4-0 up but I don't think posters were wrong in some respects to say that our complete switch off after 50 minutes last sunday was dissappointing and a bit worrying about our attitude, I think we showed a bit more of that today.

league-table.html

League table after 6 games last season.....doesn't really mean much...yes obviously teams had played different opposition to what they would have after the first 6 games of this season but plenty of time to make up the points.

My Mrs summed it up she says she misses Tevez. ( wait for the wrath of hate replies ) I'm use to this TYPE OF CITY but thats what i love about football. Always expect the unexpected!!! Well back to FIFA 14 for me and right the wrongs of today but then again i'm playing as my Player as Pellas thinks I'm awesome. CTID

To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Still think we'll win it.

Blankomania said:
Even the villa fans are saying we played well and they were lucky to win. The neutrals are saying we played well and unlucky to win. But some of our "fans" are saying we played shit and aren't going to finish near the top four. Some of our fans make me wonder if they wstch the game before commenting. The forum really depresses me.,,

same here, i avoid the forum on match days.

1 point out of 9 on the road hardly the stuff of league winners. criminally pissed those points away today. harsh to blame the manager though. Our keeper is a weak link and has been for some time and Nasty is not all that he's hyped up to be either. He has been put on a pedestal simply because of the dreadful player he replaced. Weak in the air and not overly quick either. Much room to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.