Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

"All" your point is though is that 2 up front when they don't score is bad yet 2 up front when when they do score is genius.

That's my point, is Dzeko and Negredo would have put 4 past them today would your arguments still be held? If not, then they are EXACTLY based from hindsight

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
rastus said:
Well ffs at the time Milner was tiring down the right and a fresh Navas would bring them extra worries, Garcia in to ensure we dont get fucked over on a break. So a fresh attcking threat but sure up our DM, Thats what I thought at the time...but hey ho

i give up you are a football genius ala moyes, a fresh navas would indeed have prevented a long clearance from the goalie which our defenders fucked up, and garcia would have stopped nastastic giving away a silly foul, bang on

individual errors are not the fault of the manager unless it is a recurring theme by a certain player, we played well today so the boss is blameless, if our away form was generally okay today's result could be pot down to a glitch

it's interesting how you take one sub and use it to prove it wouldn't have been right by judging their potential role on a goal they wouldn't have been able to influence as much.

i.e. Garcia could have had a far bigger role in the third goal in that little hole putting pressure on the flick and allowing a CB to drop back and cover.

Different subs could have made a whole different impact on the game that would have changed the build-up into those incidents so they never occurred obviously, hindsight is beautiful but we can only say what we see, and I saw an opportunity to sure the game up when we were ahead and like last sunday when Pellegrini allowed United to bring on Cleverley and dominate the midfield for 20 minutes putting us under unnecessary pressure till he brought Milner on.

Yes we were 4-0 up but I don't think posters were wrong in some respects to say that our complete switch off after 50 minutes last sunday was dissappointing and a bit worrying about our attitude, I think we showed a bit more of that today.

Well if you wanted him to shore the game up when we were a whole goal up against a very poor Villa team i am glad you are not our manager, there is only one problem for the boss though if he had indeed done this then if we conceded from silly mistakes anyhow the same posters would be on here blaming him for changing things when we were dominating and not going for the third to put it to bed

we can all come on here playing bill shankly afterwards but the fact remains we outplayed them and defended badly end of

the same posters who no doubt would slag pelle off for not bringing a milner on to tighten up the team would be the sort who would have a go for not taking him off today, basically if we lose to some it is the managers fault, a little silly in my view

it is groundhog day on here everytime we lose

razman said:
we will pick up.... i have no doubts....they is just so much quality to not to do so

yes , when we bottled it last year...we did have the quality....but this time the rags , chelski and others are all in transition stages....so will be very open

Quality is one thing , the ability to develop a winning culture / mentality and sustain it is another.

We don't have the latter yet and the jury is well and truly out on whether they will.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Still think we'll win it.

Bang on. That was the most one sided defeat i've ever seen.

hgblue said:
To think, some posters thought 90 points would be needed this season. Less than 80 could very well win it. I think it's going to be an epic season.

Quite enjoyed today, I have to say. Thought it was a good game. Villa fans afterwards reminded me of when we used to beat a big team at Maine Road in particular. Football's a fucking brilliant game in that sense.

Quite enjoyed today? I can't get my head around that at all. I'm gutted.
I'm perfectly content to accept that we can't win every week. I thought it was a good game and bore all the hallmarks of a great English game of football.

And as I said, I still think we'll win the league.

Other posters never seem to have a positive thought about following this club. That is something I can't get my head round.

I think we need to develope a winning mentality as a club, and quite enjoying watching a game we've lost just doesn't compute with me. Still, each to their own and all that.

hilts said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
i give up you are a football genius ala moyes, a fresh navas would indeed have prevented a long clearance from the goalie which our defenders fucked up, and garcia would have stopped nastastic giving away a silly foul, bang on

individual errors are not the fault of the manager unless it is a recurring theme by a certain player, we played well today so the boss is blameless, if our away form was generally okay today's result could be pot down to a glitch

it's interesting how you take one sub and use it to prove it wouldn't have been right by judging their potential role on a goal they wouldn't have been able to influence as much.

i.e. Garcia could have had a far bigger role in the third goal in that little hole putting pressure on the flick and allowing a CB to drop back and cover.

Different subs could have made a whole different impact on the game that would have changed the build-up into those incidents so they never occurred obviously, hindsight is beautiful but we can only say what we see, and I saw an opportunity to sure the game up when we were ahead and like last sunday when Pellegrini allowed United to bring on Cleverley and dominate the midfield for 20 minutes putting us under unnecessary pressure till he brought Milner on.

Yes we were 4-0 up but I don't think posters were wrong in some respects to say that our complete switch off after 50 minutes last sunday was dissappointing and a bit worrying about our attitude, I think we showed a bit more of that today.

Well if you wanted him to shore the game up when we were a whole goal up against a very poor Villa team i am glad you are not our manager, there is only one problem for the boss though if he had indeed done this then if we conceded from silly mistakes anyhow the same posters would be on here blaming him for changing things when we were dominating and not going for the third to put it to bed

we can all come on here playing bill shankly afterwards but the fact remains we outplayed them and defended badly end of

the same posters who no doubt would slag pelle off for not bringing a milner on to tighten up the team would be the sort who would have a go for not taking him off today, basically if we lose to some it is the managers fault, a little silly in my view

it is groundhog day on here everytime we lose

But thats the point you cant afford to lose these games if you want to be champions 1point in threee away games is awfull.

Big Tackle said:

Bang on. That was the most one sided defeat i've ever seen.

Similar to Sunderland away two seasons ago. That's the last result I remember where we bullied a team for pretty much 90 minutes and still ended up losing.

Freak result yes, but we certainly don't want to make a habit out of it

3rd goal was bad though

If we beat bayern then it won't be a bad return

Lets move on quickly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.