Villa Vs City Post Match Discussion Thread

hilts said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
hilts said:
Well if you wanted him to shore the game up when we were a whole goal up against a very poor Villa team i am glad you are not our manager, there is only one problem for the boss though if he had indeed done this then if we conceded from silly mistakes anyhow the same posters would be on here blaming him for changing things when we were dominating and not going for the third to put it to bed

we can all come on here playing bill shankly afterwards but the fact remains we outplayed them and defended badly end of

the same posters who no doubt would slag pelle off for not bringing a milner on to tighten up the team would be the sort who would have a go for not taking him off today, basically if we lose to some it is the managers fault, a little silly in my view

it is groundhog day on here everytime we lose

But thats the point you cant afford to lose these games if you want to be champions 1point in threee away games is awfull.

not sure what your point is fella where did i say we can afford to lose these games? in fact i have said several times our away form will cost us

would you rather win 2-1 or lose 3-2? because for the sake of winning that game I think sureing it up would have been sensible, 3 pts and if in our next away game we tear them to shreds and are 3 up and want to boost our GD by continuing to attack I say fair do's, at 1 goal up with no away win in the league yet I think as a top team and a team wanting to be called champions you have to be sensible.

ANY1aBLUE said:
goaterdammerung said:
pellegrini out by Christmas if he continues to prioritise the cl over the pl

never won a thing anywhere and no reason why that should change just because he is at city

twat..........................CL is the priority - it means global finacial rewards, better players and ultimate glory. Which would you chose - Champions League winners or Prem League? Hero's for a year or a lifetime?

A top club should be able to compete on more than one front.

Damocles said:
"All" your point is though is that 2 up front when they don't score is bad yet 2 up front when when they do score is genius.

That's my point, is Dzeko and Negredo would have put 4 past them today would your arguments still be held? If not, then they are EXACTLY based from hindsight

If we'd been 4 up we wouldn't be debating sureing up to ensure we kept our lead, or built on it by snuffing any Villa hope out of the game.

Point being in that scenario, from the start what I'd do or Pelle would do is neither here nor there, I'm only saying what I would with my cautious side to away games, it means nothing it's just my opinion. But once you play 2 up top and they haven't given you more than a 1 goal lead I don't think it's anything other than reasonable to say sureing it up, killing the game and nicking another goal or 2(maybe) on the counter in the dying minutes, but primarily keeping the lead and taking the 3 points would have been ideally suited to this game, considering what we want to achieve this season.

Damanino said:
When I think that they missed their two best players in Agbonlahor and Benteke...

and we didnt have silva and aguero , villa got out of jail today , they must be pinching themselves on the holt end

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
waspish said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Lets just say we draw next week-quite possible against Everton.
Lose to West Ham away and Chelsea away...then what?

Hope it doesn't happen but it is a possibility with our current away form and Everton are a bit of a bogey side for us.

Well the worry is we played well today and still somehow lost out of those games can't see us winning any...

But hey at least we are playing lovely football because that's all that matters...

I like us to be more organised at the back especially away from home, I'd love us to set up to defend away from home and hit teams on the break but this will never happen because we keep the ball that well

ANY1aBLUE said:
goaterdammerung said:
pellegrini out by Christmas if he continues to prioritise the cl over the pl

never won a thing anywhere and no reason why that should change just because he is at city

twat..........................CL is the priority - it means global finacial rewards, better players and ultimate glory. Which would you chose - Champions League winners or Prem League? Hero's for a year or a lifetime?

I am in the CL priority camp, but I do think we can do better in Premier League performances before the CL games.

I personally believe with the correct motivation we could possibly go all the way in the CL, Dortmund proved last year that a good quality team can go from bottom of a group one year to finalists next year if they have a good European coach and motivation behind them.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Damocles said:
"All" your point is though is that 2 up front when they don't score is bad yet 2 up front when when they do score is genius.

That's my point, is Dzeko and Negredo would have put 4 past them today would your arguments still be held? If not, then they are EXACTLY based from hindsight

If we'd been 4 up we wouldn't be debating sureing up to ensure we kept our lead, or built on it by snuffing any Villa hope out of the game.

Point being in that scenario, from the start what I'd do or Pelle would do is neither here nor there, I'm only saying what I would with my cautious side to away games, it means nothing it's just my opinion. But once you play 2 up top and they haven't given you more than a 1 goal lead I don't think it's anything other than reasonable to say sureing it up, killing the game and nicking another goal or 2(maybe) on the counter in the dying minutes, but primarily keeping the lead and taking the 3 points would have been ideally suited to this game, considering what we want to achieve this season.

my opinion too

JoeMercer'sWay said:
hilts said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
But thats the point you cant afford to lose these games if you want to be champions 1point in threee away games is awfull.

not sure what your point is fella where did i say we can afford to lose these games? in fact i have said several times our away form will cost us

would you rather win 2-1 or lose 3-2? because for the sake of winning that game I think sureing it up would have been sensible, 3 pts and if in our next away game we tear them to shreds and are 3 up and want to boost our GD by continuing to attack I say fair do's, at 1 goal up with no away win in the league yet I think as a top team and a team wanting to be called champions you have to be sensible.

i could keep repeating that we lost TODAY because of individual errors rather than tactics but life is too short, in certain away games i would agree 100% we should only play one up front but today wasn't one of those times

Today was a freak result our many other away defeats however have not been

JoeMercer'sWay said:

At 2 - 1 when you've got all of the ball and are still creating chances it's a judgment call. Some managers go one way, others go the other but for a top team there's no right or wrong in that situation IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.